GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 20, 2024, 09:44:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HL1 Playable Alpha Version leaked on the Internet.  (Read 6473 times)

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
HL1 Playable Alpha Version leaked on the Internet.
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:29:31 am »

Now, Who would've thought that...
After 15 years of it's initial release, An Alpha build of Half-Life from 1997 would appear on the Internet.

Incomplete playthrough :
Note : This is the footage from actual .dem files that are included on the CD.

You can see it is still heavily in development and the Q1 engine has been barely retouched, In fact, I think it runs off GLQuake, But I'm still always amazed to see such things.
And god, The headcrabs are freaking ugly, They almost look like sprites on the video. Fun fact, They have behinds.
The only available weapons are the pistol, The SMG (With the grenade launcher working) and a buggy, Slow crowbar with no sound effects. All weapons uses no animations as in Quake and has unlimited ammo.

I will post a mirror to the BIN file, If that's okay since I know there is a forum rule about software piracy, I'd just need a mod's approval. (Even though a quick Google search should do the trick for all of you.)

Also,
An apparently legitimate copy of the CD is on sale on eBay as well, The bid is currently at 910$ with 5 days 17 hours left, Although, The seller cannot confirm if it is actually official and he claims he did not make this CD.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-WORKING-CD-Half-Life-Alpha-Version-9-8-97-NO-RESERVE-/110998722321

Protip : If you play it, Don't press 1, It activates the flashlight and fucks up the whole lighting.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:45:58 pm by namajnaG »

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: HL1 Playable Alpha Version leaked on the Internet.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 05:17:45 pm »

This is beyond awesome. I LOVE when beta games I enjoy a lot get leaked post release - that's one of the main reasons I got so engrossed in GE64, because there was so much cool pre-release stuff left on the cartridge.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 05:49:52 pm »

I will post a mirror to the BIN file, If that's okay since I know there is a forum rule about software piracy, I'd just need a mod's approval. (Even though a quick Google search should do the trick for all of you.)

Nah, no need to post. No one wants piracy links in forums.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 08:15:36 pm »

This is beyond awesome. I LOVE when beta games I enjoy a lot get leaked post release - that's one of the main reasons I got so engrossed in GE64, because there was so much cool pre-release stuff left on the cartridge.
Rareware loves to do this with all of their games, I love it too.

Nah, no need to post. No one wants piracy links in forums.

Fair enough, Google will do.

liamcadhain

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 09:29:53 pm »

Interesting to see early versions of well known games like that. Sure came a long way since Alpha that's for sure
Pages: [1]   Go Up