GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 07:27:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: So..whats next for Goldeneye Source?  (Read 31061 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
So..whats next for Goldeneye Source?
« on: November 14, 2012, 11:38:16 am »

i was thinking now that we have bots for V4.2 and that the mod is out of beta where is the next direction
for Goldeneye Source

Will there be brand new maps or would there be old maps updated? will there be any new charaters?
or weapons? or gameplay modes?

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
Re: So..whats next for Goldeneye Source?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 06:32:08 pm »

In my opinion, the devs are going to keep updating the maps and fixing the codes to make it near perfect. As for new maps and what not, usually the community releases custom gamemodes that help fill in the gap, etc. So yeah..

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 08:13:05 pm »

I have a feeling there won't be anything done for a while.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 12:06:17 am »

I'd love to say something but I'm not a lead, so yeah.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 04:18:42 am »

At this point our plans are not solidified. I am sure you will see a patch in the near future for more Python capability and fixing some crashes/bugs that have accumulated.

As for single player, I can proudly say that is not going to happen. I mean I think that was pretty self evident though.

I'm happy with the way the mod is right now. It's fully functional multiplayer and offers an experience not found in the commercial market.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 05:25:44 am »

As for single player, I can proudly say that is not going to happen. I mean I think that was pretty self evident though.

I'm happy with the way the mod is right now. It's fully functional multiplayer and offers an experience not found in the commercial market.

Whats the point, they are so many golden eye games now coming out or in stores. People can play single player on them.

Multiplayer is a lot more fun!

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 12:13:09 pm »

At this point our plans are not solidified. I am sure you will see a patch in the near future for more Python capability and fixing some crashes/bugs that have accumulated.

so no Single Player...

Rick Astley

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 12:18:37 pm »

i guess its understandable..single player would probarly be rather hard to make and time consuming...better off just having a multiplayer experience

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 01:58:27 pm »

Shame, it would have been nice to see the Goldeneye Source team show Activision how it's done, but on the other hand I believe a cease and desist would have been on the cards with something that massive spreading round the internet.

I say keep improving the multiplayer, still missing maps, some of the older ones like "Caves" still need a little touching up and the Bots need a little work.

terps4life90

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 06:37:45 pm »

You better make damn sure singleplayer finds its way in this mod or kiss the fanbase goodbye!

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 08:51:48 pm »

at the moment I can see one big cloud of tiredness flying through the air. I think the main problems are:
1. frustration: after the last big update the team expected that the player base would finally grow. this didn't happen, the servers aren't full. thousends of people download the newest content on release day, always a big event, a great show, but after 3 weeks the servers become empty again. it's just sad to know that after all the hours of hard work, after all this sacrifice, the player base is rather small.
2. the shortness of supplies: some of the team members are getting tired and reduce their effort. this situation forms a chain reaction: somebody has to undertake the other's work and also gets tired after a while. but where is the supply? where are the dedicated, the new, the fresh people? I'm afraid there aren't capable people promoting to the post anymore.
3. the other life: unfortunately this mod doesn't shit money. so you have to work for a living, mostly 8 hours a day, and besides you have to care for another 100 things. and it's very time consuming to write a script, to build a map, to create some models or characters or some things which are totally new to you. for some people it's a daily balance act.

nevertheless I'm very happy that the team has come this far. and I say fuck the singleplayer part, give up this goal officially, and let's concentrate on the multiplayer things which are still missing. I would love to see the rest of the maps, some new weapon models and 2 or three more characters. don't let it rest.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:00:20 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 11:45:15 pm »

The Cy pulls out very good points. I AGREE!

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 12:03:15 am »

Unfortunately, only us old skool players of the original can appreciate the Dev's faithful re-creation of the classic mechanics, these mechanics aren't appreciated in this day and age, if these mechanics were to exist in a modern day online multiplayer it would be unpopular. I'll always be a fan of Goldeneye & Goldeneye Source, single player or not.

Yes! I am Invincible!

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 09:05:10 pm »

So if we won't have players anymore, there's only one option: Making the game more "modern"
*Cough* killstreaks, ranks *cough*

I know, then it's heading to CoD style. *goosebumps*
but we have to do SOMETHING to get more players.

Like getting the game on steam Greenlight, steam achievements (could need lots of work), and workshop for custom shit!  :P

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 11:10:33 pm »

So if we won't have players anymore, there's only one option: Making the game more "modern"
*Cough* killstreaks, ranks *cough*

I know, then it's heading to CoD style. *goosebumps*
but we have to do SOMETHING to get more players.

Like getting the game on steam Greenlight, steam achievements (could need lots of work), and workshop for custom shit!  :P

Or just make a new game, and not butcher the franchise like all other companies.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up