GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 01:18:29 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: This Mod needs more hype.  (Read 11579 times)

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: This Mod needs more hype.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 10:13:11 am »

I have a nice microphone, so if any help is ever need I can try to help.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 01:49:31 pm »

I'd say I can help (I have a fancy ass condenser mic and audio interface for music stuff) but I got jaw surgery two weeks ago and still sound a bit funny when I talk.

If someone wants to shoot video/record voice I'll edit it together, though.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 04:18:29 pm »

I can do my part on recording video clips for sure.

Conmore

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Conmore has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 05:38:11 pm »

Guys, thank you for the offer, but I don't need help with recording, editing, or anything like that. Now if someone who's somewhat close to Texas wants to host a LTK server so I can get a good connection, you would be a HUGE help, and would definitely be credited in the video. With recording, I've been working on a script, and on Notepad, I'm keeping notes of things to say while I'm playing. Now here's my plan of action.

Show the menu of the screen, introduce myself, then join a game. We need to get a lot of people on this server to make the game look good. I will show all the characters quickly, then show the map while on spectate for about 10-15 seconds, while quickly talking about the "history" of the mod. Then I will join the game, and talk about LTK, and say the the other gamemodes, giving a brief overview of them. Then I will talk about achievements, and other small things, and eventually wrap up the video by giving thanks to whoever hosts the server, and to the amazing community that was very willing to help me.

To all the people giving advice, my plan for recording is to record one live, see if it works, and if it doesn't I'll do it with pre-recorded clips. Thank you for the advice, I've been testing my mic in a quiet room, and it sounds great, so it'll work out. Now this will be a vague overview, and in the video I will make sure to mention that the channel I'm uploading it to (markpeterjameslegg) has some maps from the game on it.  If they like it, I will do full videos on all the gamemodes, and maybe one video about weapons, so we don't have to cram everything in a 15 minute video. Also, I MIGHT put it in 1080p, and will definitely have it in 720p. It depends on how markpeterjameslegg feels about it.

The community on these forums is the best I have ever seen, you guys don't bash on me about my age, which is rare, and have been a really big help. I thank you for that. Also, thanks for encouraging me to do this and giving your ideas and help. Stay Gold(enEye)

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 06:13:39 pm »

You don't need an extremely good connection to be able to play GE:S well, As long as your ping doesn't go over 100, You're supposed to have a good experience. I'm not sure if we have any Texas servers around anymore, But I do think we had some before. The TG/1138 server should do just fine.

And besides, There's no reason to judge on age, As long as you act mature towards the community, The community will act mature towards you. This does not mean we can't be silly, Of course. 'Glad you enjoy your stay.

Count me in. I'll be linking the videos on my YouTube channel as well, I've got a fair amount of subscribers (~200.), So it might attract a bit of attention.
If I get a bit of free time soon enough, I'll be doing video tutorials on how to install the game and how to get started properly.

Conmore

• Agent
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 06:33:35 pm »

Count me in. I'll be linking the videos on my YouTube channel as well, I've got a fair amount of subscribers (~200.), So it might attract a bit of attention.
If I get a bit of free time soon enough, I'll be doing video tutorials on how to install the game and how to get started properly.

I was about to make a how to video just now, maybe you could make a guide for noobs we can link in the description.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 07:04:40 pm »

VC made a good guide for GE:S 2 years ago, maybe you could make a video covering each topic and adding to it.

http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,2737.0.html

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 11:57:41 am »

My Goldeneye Source videos have now had 3552 views in total, that's not bad advertising me thinks. Looking forward to showing off 4.2 very much.

Conmore

• Agent
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 12:58:06 am »

I did a test on recording. It's kinda laggy, however I will get a new graphics card in 2-3 months, so anyone else should go for it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up