GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 09:39:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What Was Your First Real Memory of Goldeneye?!  (Read 10897 times)

terps4life90

What Was Your First Real Memory of Goldeneye?!
« on: February 17, 2012, 07:07:18 pm »

Plain and simple. What was your first real memory of Goldeneye n64? Tell us your stories!

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
Re: What Was Your First Real Memory of Goldeneye?!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 08:15:11 pm »

Buying it with my own money before I even got an N64. I guess that should have tipped me off I was getting one for my birthday a week later, but it didn't, I was so happy to have it.
Completed: twine_mi6_sc, 1138_hangout, ge_garrison

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 08:48:11 pm »

Got it along with Shadows of the Empire with our N64 (I don't think it was a bundle) for Christmas way back when.
I had no idea what it was at the time, and it was my first introduction to Bond.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

liamcadhain

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 08:56:49 pm »

I never actually owned an N64 myself but I do have fond memories of playing multiplayer DM on my cousins copy of Goldeneye on the N64 when we came round to visit. To this day I don't own any consoles, just a PC gamer through and through I guess. That and the fact that I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands these days anyway

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 09:07:19 pm »

First game purchased with the N64 with my saved up lawn mowing money. Got it with the gold controller!

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 09:28:06 pm »

in germany goldeneye for N64 was indexed and still is. so my buddy imported the UK version and we played it together and I borrowed it from time to time. rare was a high quality company at that time. every game promised a magical experience and they never disappointed the players. how long ago was that
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 09:30:13 pm »

Facility, shooting the guy in the head from the air duct, that's always the first image that pop's into mind... It was a magic moment.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 10:37:31 pm »

Yah, I'm that hard core:

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 12:10:52 am »

Realizing the KF7 looked like a pencil or a Duracell battery.

networkfusion

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • networkfusion has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 12:30:29 am »

Spending hours trying to complete dam... (I couldn't work out how to open the gate for aaaaaaagggggggggeeeeesssssssss)!!! my best memory was spending an all nighter trying and succeeding in completing Facility in under 2:05!

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 01:19:30 am »

i was at a friends house and he was having a 4 player match on temple but the first level i remember was Aztec...

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 02:37:50 am »

Are we brothers now, KM?

Completed: twine_mi6_sc, 1138_hangout, ge_garrison

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 09:00:26 am »

Actually, when 4.2 is released, can we have a bot sat on the toilet in Facility?  :-D

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 10:30:05 am »

Actually, when 4.2 is released, can we have a bot sat on the toilet in Facility?  :-D

why not? there is a Boris Bot in Funhouse why not have a soldier bot on a bog in Facility?

question though can we have the option of shooting off his hat?

liamcadhain

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 12:55:27 pm »

Realizing the KF7 looked like a pencil or a Duracell battery.

That too, lol
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up