GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:57:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaling in Hammer  (Read 7333 times)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: Scaling in Hammer
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 09:11:59 am »

http://optimization.interlopers.net/

read it and you might understand your issue.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 11:07:49 am »

You can group objects together by selecting all of the brushes and using Ctrl+G.  Not sure if Hammer sees that as 1 object or not, wait for one of the mappers to clear it up.

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 03:06:25 pm »

http://optimization.interlopers.net/

read it and you might understand your issue.
Thank you. I read it and I think I found the solution. I'm gonna use the "hidden wall" trick. I'll let you guys know how it worked.
Currently in Progress : ge_mi6 hq

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
  • Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 03:07:19 pm »

You can group objects together by selecting all of the brushes and using Ctrl+G.  Not sure if Hammer sees that as 1 object or not, wait for one of the mappers to clear it up.
Thanks anyway.

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 08:14:42 pm »

Thank you really much Kraid ! The hidden wall trick works like a charm. When my room is finished I will upload photos for you guys.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 12:34:10 am »

I recommend looking up some tutorials, namely basic optimization in hammer before you jump into making something. Learn what func_detail is used for and how the Source engine's visibility leaf system works. Reading the documentation is the key to success, if you just go straight into making something you're likely to be wasting your time as it will take too long to correct later, it'll also stop you from getting stuck and having to ask for advice.

There are plenty of tutorials out there that outline all the techniques you need.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up