GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 05:32:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Options >> Audio >> Speakers  (Read 2705 times)

MrThundercleese

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • MrThundercleese has no influence.
Options >> Audio >> Speakers
« on: September 20, 2011, 08:54:48 pm »

So something I just noticed is happening to me everytime I start up GE:S... the sound switches to 5.1 Speakers and I have to manually change it to Headphones (since that is what I am using) but it does not sound like it is actually changing over.  Granted, it says it does because if I view the console it says the config has been updated, but I digress.

I know this is in beta, and if there's an autoexe.cfg I have to add so when the game starts it automatically switches too it, I'll gladly do it, but I figured you guys could give me some advice.

Few things about my computer if it helps:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge @ 3.4GHz
  • RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 PC1600
  • Video Card: EVGA Superclocked GX 560 Ti
  • Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster X-FI Titanium

What I also just noticed is that my sound took a HUGE crap after I got out of the game and my physical sound settings in Windows got changed to 5.1 (right click sound icon >> Playback Devices >> Right click on Headset and hit Configure speakers).  Had to re-configure them to Stereo rather 5.1, so any help with this would be appreciated!  No rush on it, whenever you guys get a chance.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Options >> Audio >> Speakers
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:15:11 pm »

We can't do anything about this. That is 100% controlled by the source engine which we cannot modify. The problem may be that you have your audio device setup in windows as 5.1 and source is adjusting according to that. Suggest you change your sound device settings to 2 speaker.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 11:12:30 pm »

There is a sync-with-mixer checkbox (or used to be) in the in-game options.  Also, there is a cvar (snd_something) that identifies speaker count.  You might be able to force in your autoexec file if all else fails.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

MrThundercleese

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • MrThundercleese has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 12:10:43 am »

ty both for the posts.  I will try these and post later on comes of it.  Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up