GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 07, 2024, 08:15:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stealth Bond Idea  (Read 10002 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Stealth Bond Idea
« on: May 06, 2011, 01:34:27 am »

hey i was thinking- is it possible to put Bonds head on Trevylan's Body and thus making Stealth Bond a Possible Charater

well it would have to be a seperate model obviously but well its an idea atleast

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
Re: Stealth Bond Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 02:33:59 am »

Good point. I can't seem to see any differences other than Bond's outfit is zipped down past his neck and not folded down like Trev's:

Obviously the height and weight would have to be altered as well.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:37:03 am by Storm101 »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 03:41:03 am »

the only thing I see (and we haven't really discussed such an idea, to be unanimous) is at distance the stealth Bond and Trevelyan characters would be indistinguishable. Hence breaking solid character variety.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 07:50:27 am »

Since they're both on the same team as yet, it'd be okay I guess.
At least it'd make a fine model for SP Facility if that was to be finished in the (hopefully not so) distant future. ;-)

On a sidenote I think it'd be great to see a character selection cheat for SP. (which should be easy to implement, since the models are all there)

liamcadhain

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 11:28:35 am »

hey i was thinking- is it possible to put Bonds head on Trevylan's Body and thus making Stealth Bond a Possible Charater

well it would have to be a seperate model obviously but well its an idea atleast

No offense, but whats the point in that at all? Surely the developers have a lot more on their plate at the minute then just re-arranging models which already exist. Besides even if it were to happen there'll be little or no difference between this model and Trevelyan's one.

I'm really not trying to be rude here, but thats one if most the stupidest ideas I've ever heard for GES.

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 01:14:28 pm »

No offense, but whats the point in that at all? Surely the developers have a lot more on their plate at the minute then just re-arranging models which already exist. Besides even if it were to happen there'll be little or no difference between this model and Trevelyan's one.

I'm really not trying to be rude here, but thats one if most the stupidest ideas I've ever heard for GES.

i just thought that by doing this the team doesnt need to worry about having to create a Stealth Bond Model from Scratch- they can use the head of Bond and the body of Trevylan with a couple of slight edits. and also

it doesnt need to be done ASAP it can slowly be intergrated in a few years
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:54:24 pm by Rick Astley »

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 03:02:19 pm »

Why is Trevylan on the good guys side anyways?  If you base this on the movies he's always been a bad guy.  At the beginning of Goldeneye he was already a traitor Bond just didn't know it yet. 

Another question...why did you create a female scientist instead of Xenia?  Was it because the sides wouldn't be even since Xenia is naughty?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 03:13:42 pm »

but thats one if most the stupidest ideas[/u][/i]ideas I've ever heard for GES.

Anyone else find this statment ironic?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 03:16:20 pm »

Why is Trevylan on the good guys side anyways?  If you base this on the movies he's always been a bad guy.  At the beginning of Goldeneye he was already a traitor Bond just didn't know it yet. 

Another question...why did you create a female scientist instead of Xenia?  Was it because the sides wouldn't be even since Xenia is naughty?

Trevelyan is on Mi6 because there are many more characters on Janus than on Mi6, it's to balance out the character selection. When there are more characters in game a Janus version of Trevelyan may be added, or even replace the current one.

The female scientist isn't a replacement for Xenia. Xenia is still in development. Scientists were good in the original game as you weren't supposed to kill them which is why she is on Mi6.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

liamcadhain

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 04:00:52 pm »

Anyone else find this statment ironic?

Yes Jeron I know "stupidest" isn't a real word (at least not not in a grammatical sense), I was merely using slang. Thats ok isn't it?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 04:26:55 pm »

Yes Jeron I know "stupidest" isn't a real word (at least not not in a grammatical sense), I was merely using slang. Thats ok isn't it?

NEVARR!!! sorry lol didnt catch the sarcasm

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

liamcadhain

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 04:40:45 pm »

NEVARR!!! sorry lol didnt catch the sarcasm

Thats alright, lol :)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 06:44:09 pm »

Mangley, part of your post is actually incorrect :P Alec Trevelyan is two versions in GE:S

Trevelyan = mi6 (before scarring)
Janus = Janus. (with scarring)

Anyone arguing the semantics need not. I see it as symbolism. Whether he was bad always is beside the point. He was unharmed before the explosion and that is how he is portrayed by our game on team mi6. Then he was punished for his deception and became far more villainous with a revenge plot. It's how it's been planned for well 4 years now and appears in media updates along the way.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 06:53:52 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

Rick Astley

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 10:40:30 am »

the only thing I see (and we haven't really discussed such an idea, to be unanimous) is at distance the stealth Bond and Trevelyan characters would be indistinguishable. Hence breaking solid character variety.

i was wondering if thats the case why does Oddjob, Valentin and Bond all have the same suits..well Bond has 3 suits and Valentin is Bigger.
Pages: [1]   Go Up