GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 09:29:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: GE:S Promotion. PAX East. Day 1. Day 2. Day 3.  (Read 10884 times)

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
GE:S Promotion. PAX East. Day 1. Day 2. Day 3.
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:54:22 pm »

Well, I handed out about 50 cards to random people, as well as leaving little stacks of cards here and there in the Free Play rooms available, especially the N64 room. This may not seem like a lot, but I did make one or two major strides forward in promoting the game. I spoke to Adam Sessler, co-host of X-Play on G4, about the mod, and gave him the GE: S card I had made up. He even remarked that the Wii version was shite, so who knows what might happen. I also walked past the other co-host of X-Play, Morgan Webb, while she was interviewing someone on camera, and I held up the card for all to see as I passed.

I have pictures of PAX if anyone wants to see them.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 10:16:53 pm by Sam Colt »
Completed: twine_mi6_sc, 1138_hangout, ge_garrison

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: GE:S Promotion. PAX East. Day 1.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 01:17:01 am »

Holy crap that's awesome (used to be a huge X-Play fan back in '07-'08). Maybe we'll get some press with G4 (though i kinda doubt it).

Thanks so much for spreading the word, especially doing so much at a major gaming conference.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 01:45:50 am »

It's my pleasure. Thanks for the game. \m/

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 02:17:53 am »

How'd you get up to Adam Sessler to talk to him?

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 03:36:45 am »

He was just standing around on the expo floor, we just walked right up to him. I got his autograph on the back of a card too. Tomorrow I'm getting the same card autographed by Morgan Webb.

I also kinda doubt GES will get press with X-Play, but my goal for tomorrow is going to take 3 minutes of time from everyone with a press pass that I see, and talk to them about it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 05:06:06 am by Sam Colt »

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
Re: GE:S Promotion. PAX East. Day 1. Day 2.
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 02:09:45 am »

Day 2.

Didn't do much promoting. Sorry. But I can confirm that GES is there on their PC free plays, turned a few people onto it.

In other news, I played the demo of this game called Fire Fall. It's made by a mixed team of ex-Sierra and Blizzard devs. It was AWESOME. Also, Tribes 3.

Day 3 to come.

Edit: Changed console freeplay to PC freeplay. beer clouds the mind. PAX is awesome, I highly recommend anyone able to attend to do so, next year.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 03:08:37 am by Sam Colt »

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 02:58:39 am »

Well played Sir, Well played.

Really makes me want to do that failed t-shirt contest again...
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 03:15:42 am »

I'm going to do my best to promote tomorrow. I won't be around friends, so thats a step in the right direction. It's pretty against my nature to talk to random people, but I'll try. Besides, if I don't all those cards I had printed up will be a waste of money  :(

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 05:17:40 am »

go hard or go home!...with a shit load of cards.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 03:22:50 pm »

Can we see what the cards are like?  :P
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 03:54:05 pm »

You sure can.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn115/osirisfour/DSC00282.jpg?t=1300031495

Thanks for reminding me Mangley, I've been meaning to do just that for a while now.

And for those interested, I've made an album from PAX on my photobucket account.
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn115/osirisfour/PAX%20East%202011/
More to come.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:20:43 pm by Sam Colt »

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
Re: GE:S Promotion. PAX East. Day 1. Day 2. Day 3.
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 10:20:29 pm »

Day 3. SUCCESS!

I handed out about 200 cards I think. Spread them around tables, gave them to people. I spoke to half a dozen people with media passes about the game and gave them the cards.

Most of all, I went into the PC Free Play room and gave a card to every person playing there, and put cards in the keyboards of comps that weren't being used.

Over all, PAX was a blast. Y'all should go to it next year. The photo album I linked above has been updated.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • Steam Community Page

Falko

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Falko barely matters.Falko barely matters.
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 03:15:58 pm »

Didn't know anything about red5 studio, good to hear news like this one :-D

It looks like there was lots of things to enjoy, hu? -_'
I went to the gamescom 2 years ago.
Really nice but one day was enough.

Great job promoting the game  ;)

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 04:40:27 pm »

Thanks. I still have half the cards I ordered, so I'll pass those out at Anime Boston in May.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up