GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 03:40:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Promote GE:S ; Its time to get NEW players!  (Read 17852 times)

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
Re: Promote GE:S ; Its time to get NEW players!
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 11:46:12 pm »

Well, one thing I see is that the icon is flipped around. If you could fix that so the part with the lambda is on the right, that would definitely start things off.

Another thing you could do is make the title of the game a bit bigger so that it's readable from a fair distance. If someone sees that, they'll be more drawn to it rather than if all the text is the same size and they can't read what it is.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 12:25:12 am »

Oh, thanks for pointing that out lmao. I hadn't noticed it was flipped.  :D Here's the update.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:47:16 am by Sam Colt »
Completed: twine_mi6_sc, 1138_hangout, ge_garrison

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 01:05:00 am »

I don't know if you'd want to make the title stretch closer to the top and the right. Maybe enlarge the logo a bit too.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 01:10:15 am »

Oh, thanks for pointing that out lmao. I hadn't noticed it was flipped.  :D Here's the update.

I would love to use this as a spray in TF2 and CSS if you could make a smaller version. Unfortunately I fail at making images myself.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:13:26 am by Storm101 »

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
  • Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.Sam Colt is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 01:30:02 am »

I can't make the text any larger because there are constraints on the image, for when its made into a business card. Pretty much a good cm on all side is going to be cut off.

Storm, I can get you an appropriate sized copy of the GES logo if you want.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 03:21:24 am »

@Sam

Great idea, that will be a hit

Critiques:

1. Use a different font overall. Don't go stylized, often times you lose the message when you add crazy font styles to what you write. Go with a simple Arial, Times, Bookman Old Style, or even Copperplate Gothic (one of my favs for artsy stuff)

2. Color. The red link needs more saturation, especially if you are intending to print these in black.

3. The Link. Include the www. in the link, it distinguishes it as a link and not more text.

4. The Image. Use a flat image, not a 3D image. You will lose any sort of perspective when you print the cards, plus it blends into the black background a little too much (read moar saturation/lightness needed). Use the following image instead: http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/logo.png

5. The description text, make it bigger (the new font might fix this just adding it for completeness)

EDIT:

Here is a mockup I just made:

PSD -> http://update.goldeneyesource.net/img/ges_business_card.psd
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:32:00 am by killermonkey »

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 04:01:15 am »

Thanks KM. I'll draw up a version of that on the template FedEx offers and post it tomorrow. I'm thinking of adding a line about the 80 achievements, since so many people are achievement whores these days. Good idea you think?

I've also heard tell that there will be a LAN section devoted to GE: S this year, and that there was one last year. Y'all must be proud!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 04:30:42 am by Sam Colt »

twinky

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • twinky has no influence.
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2011, 07:33:33 pm »

im impresed with the cards , they look good so far ,
( you go girl lol )

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011, 09:22:57 pm »

I've put the Business card as my profile picture on all my forums, the writing is only just readable at close look but you can clearly see Goldeneye Source. I'll continue to post it on Facebook every day. I'm using KM's version as it's more visible, hope that's OK Sam.

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2011, 01:00:37 am »

That's cool man, doesn't matter much to me so long as the word gets out there.

Here we go. I just took KM's card and resized it to the card template.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 01:05:36 am by Sam Colt »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2011, 01:20:47 am »

Sam, use this one, it is not scaled weird (its from the PSD):

@MarkPeter

I created a smaller version of the business card for forum sigs and facebook:

PSD -> http://update.goldeneyesource.net/img/ges_business_card_sm.psd
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 01:24:28 am by killermonkey »

Sam Colt

• Secret Agent
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2011, 02:00:35 am »

Thanks KM, your input is invaluable.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:40:46 am by Sam Colt »

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2011, 04:43:14 am »

Cool, cheers.

xPrEpWnEdx

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2011, 08:15:19 pm »

I added a little message at the end of my Q and A answers video, which will go out to my 1000+ subscribers. Apparently a portion of them don't use YouTube anymore, but I guess it's still pretty good publicity.

Link:

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2011, 09:18:08 pm »

I added a little message at the end of my Q and A answers video, which will go out to my 1000+ subscribers. Apparently a portion of them don't use YouTube anymore, but I guess it's still pretty good publicity.

Link:

Some is better than none any day.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up