GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 30, 2024, 02:36:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silo + Tribeca Flashpoint Academy  (Read 6517 times)

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TwiggyTwink has no influence.
Silo + Tribeca Flashpoint Academy
« on: November 07, 2010, 07:35:43 pm »

I went on my first college tour yesterday.

It was in Chicago, IL at the "Tribeca" Flashpoint Academy. After a year of phone calls from these folks, I gave in and attended their Saturday tour.

I was blown away by how adamant and serious these guys are at shaping their students to be professionals - with stress on "real world" scenarios. While the whole thing felt really like a sales pitch, I was really pleased and impressed by the knowledge of their hired "tour speakers" (who I'm most sure were *~aspiring models/actors*~) knew about the four disciplines.

Even the dean complemented the "Q&A" section of the tour.

BUT

During a video montage, I saw GoldenEye: Source's "Silo" level. It was just a quick pan through but I thought it was super awesome that someone's work was shown in a clip to interest prospective students.

Who here goes to Tribeca?

I checked the Wiki and it looks like Sporkfire created the level but it says it was given a cosmetic alterations by Luchador.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 07:41:37 pm by TwiggyTwink »

Luchador

• Retired Lead Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 175
  • Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!Luchador is awe-inspiring!
    • My Website
Re: Silo + Tribeca Flashpoint Academy
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 09:24:34 pm »

I believe Sporkfire is the developer you're looking for. Although I've made changes to Silo, they haven't been shown publicly yet. (also, I don't attend Tribeca) Thanks for your interest in the mod!

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 09:37:25 pm »

"Changes" is a little modest Luch  :P .. just a little!
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TwiggyTwink has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 11:11:55 pm »

Thanks for clearing that up. I was hoping it was someone a little more active in the community *side eye Luchador*.

;-)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 08:01:30 pm »

your avatar pic is wild....

:-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up