GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 30, 2024, 04:19:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm a little late. . .  (Read 7628 times)

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TwiggyTwink has no influence.
I'm a little late. . .
« on: October 30, 2010, 10:48:23 pm »

So I've been playing the GES more often than not these days. As most of you know, most folks only vote for the same 3 maps (Facility, Control, and Cradle).

However, last night, I was on a server and we played Caverns. . . and I have to give a big high five to SharpSh00tah. That map is sooo0o0o0oo0 schexy!

A very sleek and brilliant map!

I just wanna say thanks for giving the GES community a great map to shoot it out.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: I'm a little late. . .
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 10:50:32 pm »

Much appreciated, thank you! However I cant take all the credit because the team helped me out a lot with caverns, especially Kraid.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

RobbeR49

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RobbeR49 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 04:02:18 pm »

I'll second this. I've heard a lot of people don't like it, and I have no idea why. I think it's a great map.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 08:56:03 pm »

As most of you know, most folks only vote for the same 3 maps (Facility, Control, and Cradle).

Not sure what servers you play on....but I would guess it is the limited wnx server....try joining a server that has more maps up for play and you will play a wide variety.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Seiya

• WNxJúlioCésar
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Seiya has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 02:24:02 am »

The maps that go to the to poll depend on the number of occupied slots. For example, if there are 14 players, you won't see ge_facility or ge_basement_classic in the vote. This is something we have implemented to avoid situations like spawning with little chance to survive for more than a few secs.

I am not sure what server you play on as well, but it's probably our server. Try talking to other players about the maps you want (they may follow your choice ;)) or tell one of our admins — if he's playing there too — about a map that has not gone to the map poll.

About ge_caverns: it's a very good map. Unfortunately, it makes my PC lag a bit more than the others. :/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 02:25:36 am by Seiya »

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 03:03:31 am »

Even if there are more choices for votes, people are still going to choose those same three maps.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"
Pages: [1]   Go Up