GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 29, 2024, 02:17:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey, Just signed up and I need some advices!~  (Read 17696 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: Hey, Just signed up and I need some advices!~
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 07:27:27 pm »

or just do like a wise man said:

http://www.youtube.com/v/MK2Ezi_SdQ4

bluemeanie

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bluemeanie is looked down upon.
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 10:16:40 pm »

I am playing on a N64. There is no keyboard or mouse. Ok, this website is called goldeneye source so I assumed it was the right place. Is this website STRICTLY dedicated to a modded version of Goldeneye? If so does anyone have any knowledge of a place with the Original Goldeneye information. Forum or otherwise. Thanks.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 10:26:08 pm »

Well, we're not strictly talking about the mod, but I think everyone thought you were talking about it in your first post, before you edited it right when you posted your last one.

Well, turn off autoaim for both players and play as Oddjob will get you cheap kills....

Also remember by pressing the sidestep buttons (C-left and C-right per default) while aiming you'll strafe from your cover, letting go will bring you back to your default position. You even might want to kneel and shoot the feet of your opponent (press Aim and C-down and let go simultaneously) while being harder to hit yourself. As said before knowing which weapons can penetrate glass or doors will help you a lot - spamming Moonraker through doors and stuff sure is helpful.

If you own a Source game (Counterstrike: Source, Half Life 2 or such) you'll might want to give this mod a try after all.
Here's what this mod is about:
http://www.youtube.com/v/swhFBPDGZXc
(watch on youtube for higher resolution)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:12:41 pm by coolDisguise »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 10:50:44 pm »

Speed-strafing is also key. (Forward + C-left/right = running)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

bluemeanie

• Agent
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 11:47:11 pm »

Yeah I can do all the speed strafing, crouching, bullet penetration. Years back I beat every level on 007 and unlocked Every cheat with the level times.

I noticed the AR-33 doesn't shoot through the glass in the Facility. Does the magnum or any other weapon do so? The AR will shoot through and make a bullethole on the other side of the glass, but it won't hit the person, it goes right through them.     Also in the facility when you are on the second floor outside the bathroom where there is a weapon spawn you can be shot from the first floor through the ground with any weapon. I killed him with a distovi when he was up there. Do you guys know of any other glitched out areas like that, or any other glitches that even though they may be very situational, may prove useful at times?

I'm running through all of the maps so I know where the power weapons spawn as well as the best way to go from area to area.

bluemeanie

• Agent
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 11:50:54 pm »

Anyone have any ideas of how to practice aim? Training drills, etc.     Perhaps youtube channel with expert play? Also, I believe in a few days I will have all the resources to play goldeneye 64 online via Mugen. Would any of you be up for some games? Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:55:36 pm by bluemeanie »

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 12:04:49 am »

Speed-strafing is also key. (Forward + C-left/right = running)

is there any other way?

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 12:11:12 am »

Cruise Control + C-buttons ~

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2010, 12:16:03 am »

is there any other way?

I was worried that'd be misconstrued.
Depends on your control scheme. (I use 1.2 Solitaire, so C-up + C-left/right)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

bluemeanie

• Agent
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2010, 04:24:27 am »

Yo, So. Anyone wanna play online then? Classic Goldeneye.

bluemeanie

• Agent
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2010, 09:15:43 am »

For real. I'll pwn any y'all.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2010, 10:52:17 am »

For real. I'll pwn any y'all.

Ok man, we get the point. You've stressed it more than enough. Where we do love to dabble in GoldenEye 64, we are mainly interested in GoldenEye: Source (Especially in online multiplayer). I suggest you search for a dedicated GE64 online forum (Allow me).

Your posts are extremely confusing in that they do not preface which version you are referring to. Also, please do not spam the board with repeat nonsensical posts. kthxbi.

bluemeanie

• Agent
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2010, 11:36:18 am »

Ok man, we get the point. You've stressed it more than enough. Where we do love to dabble in GoldenEye 64, we are mainly interested in GoldenEye: Source (Especially in online multiplayer). I suggest you search for a dedicated GE64 online forum (Allow me).

Your posts are extremely confusing in that they do not preface which version you are referring to. Also, please do not spam the board with repeat nonsensical posts. kthxbi.

Calm down bro. You can cut that all down to "please don't spam" and not show how big a douche you are. I dunno though, when I put it all in one post you guys don't seem to follow it very well. Must be in the water. Furthermore. Asking if you WANT to play online and telling you you will only LOSE are two different things. So by asking politely if anyone wants to play, clearly it doesn't sound like much of a challenge. However, making sure you know that ima wax that azz increases the odds of you playing. If separate, but linked ideas about the same topic are considered spam then that's all any forum on the internet is. It seems to me you are just looking to diss me because I don't play your game. It's cool tho, I still like ya. Wish you might grow up a bit though!

bluemeanie

• Agent
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 11:43:02 am »

And Also Killermonkey. You want to call me out for nonsense when people are posting simpsons videos and trolling about the klobb? If you gunn' call someone out you should at least make sure you are level about it. For example. I am calling you out for calling me out inappropriately. And I'm calling you ALL out because I know I'll probably beat you guys who don't actually play Goldeneye. Why would I have any reason other than to think I'll just pwn you all every time? You guys don't even play the game...

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 01:45:06 pm »

I would stop if i were you, or someone will let KM out of his cage and you'll be in real trouble :P

If you want to antagonize someone with obnoxious challenges regarding Goldeneye 007 go find a forum for that purpose. This forum is for everything regarding Goldeneye: Source, a fan made re-envisioning of the original, so its hardly appropriate.

That is of course unless you want to challenge us to a game of GE:S? Then im sure we can all oblige and wipe the floor with your ass :P

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up