GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 20, 2024, 02:26:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: [Level] ge_siberia_cc  (Read 110242 times)

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
Re: Ge_Siberia_LuchSaint
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2011, 04:51:53 pm »

MI6 has an easier time gaining access to and holding the dish area, so i figured it would be best to provide Janus with a slightly more accessible level 8 to compensate.  Of course, this was just a quick draft so we'll have to see just how much this extra spawn tips the balance; it could be more than intended depending on the weapon set.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2011, 08:41:11 pm »

As I promised earlier, here is a draw up that Mangley did. Both of the layouts I have seen have faults and weaknesses so I might take bits and pieces from each. Mangley presents an interesting idea though by adding two spawns to each team spawn, splitting up the tension in the map and providing multiple angles of action. I feel like it might help the flow of the map to split the spawns up. However, if I do implement this method, I will weight the spawns 60:40 with the primary spawn getting a higher weight. The entrance to bunker is a throttle point so I don't want a huge number of teams spawning there for that reason, and they are limited to weapon spawns.

Here is the original picture for anyone that might be interested in making their own mock up. I would appreciate as much feedback and plans as possible to make the most balanced system possible.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 08:44:20 pm by CCsaint10 »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2011, 09:46:13 pm »

natalyas breasts huh?

Only thing I don't like is the level 8 so close to Janus areas on the top of the map.

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2011, 04:54:00 pm »

You can thank mangley for that sexy name :)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2011, 11:17:28 am »

so is there any news about a release date or info on the map?

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2011, 04:30:12 pm »

you better not release it without me, ccsaint.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

CCsaint10

« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2011, 05:30:48 pm »

Dude, I have seriously been having withdrawals without you....not to mention I have had Siberia questions for you too. Really wish you were available. :/

And no, there isn't a release date for it. However, I am down to a list on my desk of things to finish. We are getting closer than I ever have before. I would imagine a month max.....although I have said this before. Life sometimes gets in the way, of course. :)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2011, 06:01:27 pm »

Would it be possible to reduce the friction on the ice?  That would be a nice touch.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

CCsaint10

« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2011, 06:54:33 am »

@Troy, read back into the tread.

Hey guys,

Lots of progress has been made today/last few days. I am feeling pretty damn good about the map right now. My list is getting shorter and shorter and I foresee another event being held in the near future to celebrate another community map. Release day is not that far away. As or right now, I am feeling pretty good as everything I have implemented has started to create a "cold, murky feeling" to the level. This is exactly what I was going for when I made it. It finally gives me the chills, and that is a good sign. (The music helps a lot with that) :)

Anyways, I took some new screenshots tonight but you guys will have to wait to see them. You might be able to get the cold feeling from them, but I got it more in game than from pictures. :) Today was a big day though

Things that got done:

- Modified Fog Values accordingly
- Drew up a combination layout from everyone who posted one and made my own from them. Thanks for everyone who did. We now have a FANTASTIC balanced layout. :)
- Implemented all weapon spawns/armor spawns/spawn points for team play and normal.
- Optimized prop fade in and outs/worked with VIS to create decrease rendering. Performance is on par to be one of the best performing maps in the game at the moment.
- Redid 1/2 the player clips around the level
- Smoothed displacements
- Fixed many simple stupid errors
- Modified some lighting added new lights
- Finalized mountains/Tree layout
- Added more cover around the map & more trees.

Still left to Do:

- Optimize further
- Finish playerclips
- Fix HDR
- VPhysics
- Implement Token spawns and capture points
- Further smooth and work with some last minute displacements

After this to do list is done, there will be an internal test with the QA team. Assuming it passes that without needing some sort of drastic change, it will then be given to the public for testing.

I am setting no date of when it will release to you guys because, frankly, I am not the greatest at keeping deadlines. But rest assured, lots of progress has been made and is being made.

Peace,
Saint

P.S. I will post some pictures later :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:56:24 am by CCsaint10 »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2011, 10:28:20 am »

Man you sound like you've been doing this shit for years :-)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2011, 02:53:06 pm »

Yes, the ice is nice and slippery. :)
Sounds good.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2011, 05:46:28 pm »

Awesome.

liamcadhain

« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2011, 08:48:55 pm »

Nice one Saint, I spotted that Siberia tweet earlier on and figured you were nearly done with the map or something.

CCsaint10

« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2011, 10:06:05 pm »

Getting there...not quite yet. Although now that major posted that, I feel pressured :P

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2011, 10:32:08 pm »

Well, You still got four months until christmas!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Up