GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 27, 2024, 07:27:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Classic Weapon Sets  (Read 19769 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Classic Weapon Sets
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 06:16:49 am »

Poor Regular PP7 was never in Pistols, numbnuggets.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 05:25:11 am »

Well it totally should be.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 02:06:44 pm »

No, it shouldn't.

Classic Pistols:
DD44: 50 power, low accuracy, fast, 8 bullets.
PP7-S: 50 power, medium accuracy, fast, -1 bullet.
CMag: 100 power, rail accuracy, slow, -1 bullet.

If you add PP7-U, you're adding 50 power, almost-rail accuracy, fast, which means it is Yet Another 50 (adding nothing) and obsoletes PP7-S since there is no tradeoff except for the bang sound, which isn't a big issue in pistols.

Ag7 is the only other pistol to consider, since Au7 and AuG have their own little golden realm to play in.  Ag7 is 100 power, almost-rail accuracy, fast, and +2 bullets over CMag.  That sets them on opposing parity: CMag is slower, but even with fewer bullets, reloads less often than a spammed Ag7, and CMag has the greatest penetration factor available, so it can hit through doors at angles the Ag7 can't manage.

On a related note, I am considering buffing DD44 again.  Taking feedback from ragequitter Oil Leak, and general whining about DD44, I might find a way to improve it without throwing off balance, in a way that widens gameplay.  Not sure yet what I'm thinking about, but something is floating in the back of my mind.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 03:47:34 pm »

I like where the DD44 lands at the moment. It's sloppy, but effective. If anything a damage increase of 10 points is all thats needed to ensure a take down with 3 well placed hits. I think the look and sound of the gun are well in line with it's performance as well.

BTW, as it stands 1 head, 2 chests yields death (160 dmg), 3 chests yields wounded (120 dmg)

W/ the 10 point buff, 3 chests yields critically wounded (150 dmg) which will almost guarantee victory on minor wounded foes.

This would overcome the near 3 times accuracy penalty from the PP7 (unsighted) and almost force an aimed use of the weapon to ensure you land those shots (since they are worth the time to aim).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 03:53:20 pm by killermonkey »

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 05:43:20 pm »

So far I've been thinking about either a hitbox scaling tweak (already done on certain weapons that needed a balance tweak, like shotties) or putting it on 70-power.  (Your suggestion is 62.5, which is not a Goldeneye Number)

The justification is that it makes it a pistol-complement to Phantom, like PP7/S is with D5K/S.  (They have parity on accuracy, noisiness, and magazine depth.)

Since the power-level of everything has gone up, and DD44 has already been given more of a sighted-fire boon than normal, that would let DD44 compete with other spammy guns, while keeping it poor at range.

Yeah; let's play with that.  Details in PM.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up