GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:19:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Game Crashes at loading...  (Read 4244 times)

Maj. Holy_Colt

Game Crashes at loading...
« on: May 25, 2010, 08:56:04 pm »

configuration :
Intel Core 2 1.83GHz
4 GB of RAM
Intel 945 GM
Windows XP

Before you cringe in disgust I have played the original Betas successfully. The only error message I get is the "The Instruction at 0x referenced memory at 0x The memory could not be read" which is a common issue with this graphics card. However, unlike my other games the launch options don't seem to help as the same message reappears. Hoping that the file might have been corrupted I re-downloaded and installed yet to no avail.

These are the launch options i have tried:
-window +mat_forcehardwaresync 0
+mat_bumpmap 0 +mat_picmip 2
-autoconfig
-dxlevel 70
-dxlevel 80
-novid

This may seem pathetic and all but I really want to at least try to get this to work. If anyone can help please reply ;D

P.S. I am aware that this is POS grade configs
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:13:11 pm by Maj. Holy_Colt »

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: Game Crashes at loading...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 10:59:09 pm »

Hey man,

You got a complex issue I see. One question. Have you tried reinstalling steam or at least the sourcesdk2007 files. Granted, it is a lot of work but maybe something got corrupted in there. Have you ever played any other orange box mods? I am running out of ideas, but we will start with those and see if we get anywhere.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:53:19 pm »

And by original betas do you mean only beta 1? Cause beta 1 is a different less taxing engine then beta3-4. So basically have you tried anything after beta1.1h(Aka new engine)? And like saint said, any other Orangebox engine games/mods?
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Maj. Holy_Colt

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 12:38:39 am »

Reinstalling may be the only option since SDK, and SDK 2007 did nothing.  :'(

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 02:13:56 am »

Gonna throw it out there that Valve doesn't support integrated graphics chips. Try upgrading your drivers, this is not a GES issue per-say.

Maj. Holy_Colt

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 04:52:59 am »

The process was long, but reinstalling Steam as well as having launch options  "-window +mat_forcehardwaresync 0" ready before starting gave me the chance to get into menu. From there the menu's display was messed up so the command "-autoconfig" resolved that. While I have the Orange Box games and can play them, Major was right to say that the game was graphically demanding as I was getting less than 5fps on silo alone. Within my 3rd death in server the BSoD appeared. Ultimately it was due to a noncompliance with Steam and Intel as they are uncompilable. Regardless  the mod is great as well as all its contents.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up