GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 11:49:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trouble installing ges  (Read 7889 times)

Semiotical

trouble installing ges
« on: May 13, 2010, 08:13:57 am »

Hey guys -

I'm a total n00b at PC gaming.  I saw this mod a long time ago because I always loved Goldeneye.  I saw that Valve put Portal for free on Steam which is great since its one of the Source games need to play GES.

I run Windows 7 32-bit.  The specs on my laptop exceed what I need for GES.  I installed Steam and Portal, downloaded and installed GES beta 4 full, restarted Steam.  I looked in the tools list and saw no listing for the Source SDK base: Orange Box.  I tried to start up GES, but all that came up was the Steam client. 

Any ideas on what I need to do to GES running on my end.  Could this just be a problem with the new Steam update for the Mac?  If you need more details from me feel free to ask.  I'm really excited to get to play this game, so any and all help is much appreciated!!!

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: trouble installing ges
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 08:17:16 am »

Odds are Orangebox SDK doesnt come with the free portal (didn't with the free HL2:DM).  So the quickest and cheapest way would be to pick up HL2:DM, its $5 and will allow you to play GE:S and all other source mods.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/320/
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 08:20:13 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Semiotical

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 08:21:30 am »

Thanks.  Would Counter-Strike: Source come with the Orange Box SDK?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 08:22:58 am »

Yes, CS:S would work as well.

Semiotical

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 08:31:27 am »

Yea that worked.  As soon as I bought Counter-Strike: Source, GES beta 4 showed up in the Steam list.  Thanks for your help!  If I have anymore problems I'll be sure to post again. 

Thanks again!!!

Semiotical

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 08:37:37 am »

OK, I went to hit play on GES and it said it needed to install Source SDK base 2007.  Is this the same as the Orange Box SDK?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 09:00:25 am »

Yes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up