GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 19, 2024, 09:49:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just a question.  (Read 7606 times)

UltraViolence

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • UltraViolence has no influence.
Just a question.
« on: March 24, 2010, 02:16:43 am »

Just found out about this game in the April 2010 issue of PC Gamer. I downloaded the 3.1.4 Beta but thers no servers on the server list. Do I need to have the Beta 4 to get to the servers? Thanks for the help.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Just a question.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 02:28:11 am »

Yes, BETA4 is current version, no backwards compatibility with Beta3 servers.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

UltraViolence

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 02:45:02 am »

Thanks for the quick response. Downloading Beta 4 now. Is that all I need to download btw? No other files I'll need? Thanks again.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 02:52:12 am »

Yep, that's it.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 03:26:36 am »

Delete everything because you need nothing except the files from the BETA 4 installer and you will start to see our 30+ dedicated servers. Enjoy your gaming! :D

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 10:27:53 am »

Downloading Beta 4 now. Is that all I need to download btw? No other files I'll need?
You'll need to have steam installed and own at least one source engine game (e.g. HL2, HL2DM, CSS, DoD:S, TF2, Orangebox, Portal, ...).
If you allready got that, make sure you've installed source SDK base 2007 (find it in steam under Tools), because this is what allowes you to play orangebox engine based source mods. (the other source SDK base is for source mods based on EP1 engine).

UltraViolence

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 02:38:01 pm »

OK I have Beta 4 installed and SDK base 2007. The game loads up fine but when I go to find servers, it doesnt find any. I try to connect through console and it gets 2 bars into loading and disconnects after 4 tries. I had comodo firewall which was blocking access. I disabled it and changed to windows firewall and unblocked and still no server list or connection through console. Any ideas? Heres what it says in console when I type in connect (IP#)
maxplayers set to 16
Steam config directory: i:\program files\steam\steamapps\STEAMUSERID\source sdk base 2007\platform\config
Convar ge_teamplay has multiple different change callbacks
Convar ge_roundtime has multiple different change callbacks
] connect 89.238.160.149:27017
Network: IP 206.28.46.73, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
Connecting to 89.238.160.149:27017...
Retrying 89.238.160.149:27017...
Connection failed after 4 retries.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 03:07:09 pm by Enzo.Matrix »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 03:28:54 pm »

Tried using Steam's server browser? Select Goldeneye: Source as the filter.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

UltraViolence

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 03:43:09 pm »

Ya it was comodo that was blocking it. I turned it off and restarted (which restarted comodo and I didnt think about that lol ) removed comodo and turned on windows firewall and now they show fine. So off to play Golden Eye! O 1 more thing, when log into a server my name shows as my steam username. Is there a way to change your name?

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 03:49:32 pm »

if you enable console in options or add -console to launch options you can use:
name "silly wanker"

Also where did you first go to get 3.1.4?  We would like to minimize the chance of others making the mistake because PCGamer seems to be out of date...
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 04:09:40 pm »

The only way to have your name be different then your steam community name is, every match type this command into console(yes, will have to be re-done every map)

Code: [Select]
setinfo name "name goes here"

Having your name be your steam community name is just how Orangebox works, same with L4D, TF2, .... 
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

UltraViolence

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 05:56:39 pm »

if you enable console in options or add -console to launch options you can use:
name "silly wanker"

Also where did you first go to get 3.1.4?  We would like to minimize the chance of others making the mistake because PCGamer seems to be out of date...

I got 3.1.4 from this site on the home page. It says something like " for people that want to try it out" under the download link.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 07:32:14 pm »

You mean it says this:

"[OLD release]For users curious to install our first orangebox version of GoldenEye: Source using an EXE package."

Pages: [1]   Go Up