GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 07:34:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limited Player Selection  (Read 8044 times)

Chupa Fish

Limited Player Selection
« on: February 23, 2010, 04:28:02 am »

Hey there,

Firstly I would like to say good job on Beta 4, I am really loving the new features and changes that have been added, especially the new characters (I look forward to seeing even more of them in future releases.)

Secondly I thought that I might make a suggestion on something that might be worth adding sometimes in later versions. What I was wondering is would it be possible to add some sort of feature, when if enabled on a server would only let you select a character that hasn't already been selected by another player? Like on the origanal version...

I think that this might be worth thinking about as a feature that would be optional for certain servers to avoid having the same character as different players if one chooses to have that feature enabled. If there are enough characters created in later versions then it shouldn't limit the number of players to some servers either. (I seem to remember there being quite a few characters on the N64 version)

I think that if this was added it could actually make things quite fun if everybody was playing as a different person...

Just a thought anyway, I'm sorry if this had been mentioned already...
Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 04:32:46 am by Chupa Fish »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Limited Player Selection
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 04:47:27 am »

Well its always been on the cards for final release, but its not valid until we have 32 characters in essence. And that wont be anytime soon. So for now theres nothing can be looked at.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 04:55:21 am »

I have first dibs on Oddjob.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 05:20:09 am »

I totally call Ourumov.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 05:28:13 am »

I totally call Ourumov.

ourumov redux? Coz by then it'll be the outfits that also count towards the unique character select ; if we choose to implement a limit system.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 05:52:06 am »

This is the plan once we have enough characters to support the idea. Right now we have a total of, I believe 9 characters, so If we we're to implement this now, we would be limiting our servers to a max of 9 players only.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Chupa Fish

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 07:21:55 am »

Okay sure, it makes sense not to add it until you have a few more characters at least. I wasn't aware that you were planning to add it eventually which is why I thought that I would suggest it. Again I think that it should be optional though, it might get annoying if every server was like that.

Anyway, great job guys. This is really shaping up to be a great mod, I look forward to seeing what else you will achieve in future releases...

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 02:09:17 pm »

This is the plan once we have enough characters to support the idea. Right now we have a total of, I believe 9 characters, so If we we're to implement this now, we would be limiting our servers to a max of 9 players only.

You have 11 sir! and 14 if you count the alternate bond skins.  :P
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 06:20:35 am »

I totally call Ourumov.
If that's how this is going to play out, I'm calling Samedi in all non-L&LD games ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up