GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 11:46:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye: Source Achievements  (Read 182412 times)

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
Re: GoldenEye: Source Achievements
« Reply #225 on: January 12, 2011, 01:10:32 am »

50 times seems like too much for Bye Bye Baron. I'd say 10-20, especially since the mode is so rarely played. Key Player seems like kind of an anti-achievement, much like Break a Leg. I think KM should avoid implementing any more achievements like that. Great ideas and icons otherwise, though.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:37:57 am by Storm101 »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #226 on: January 12, 2011, 03:13:20 am »

Wow I really like those achievements!

Key Player isn't an anti-achievement, its actually promoting the gameplay by getting people to cap keys and incredibly hard to resist killing people on your way to the key (and or requires great teamwork).

Zippy

• Magic Member
  • Secret Agent
  • Zippy has no influence.
19 New Achievements + Icons
« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2011, 02:51:58 am »

Before you post, please read below to see if I answered your questions beforehand:

Q: Why did you add achievements on dual wielding when that game mechanic doesn't exist?
A: You never know what the future may hold. There were mentions of dual wielding being added in, right?

Q: What's the secret word? In English?
A: Find out.

Q: How does the "Infection" achievement work?
A: Same way it works in Left 4 Dead and Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer. A few devs are given the achievement right away, and they simply spread it by killing people who don't previously have the achievement unlocked. Whoever catches the "infection" get the achievement unlocked, and can spread it to other players as an indefinitely growing plague.

Q: What are the blue and purple "special" achievements?
A: They're basically like normal ones, except much, much harder and situational. And to be honest, I just wanted to create blue and purple icons for the hell of it.

Q: Why not just have the "special" achievements grouped with the normal ones? Some may find a normal achievement harder than a special one.
A: True, but again, I felt like making blue and purple icons for the hell of it.

Q: The special achievements have confusing descriptions. What do they mean? Also, won't the secret of these achievements be revealed and publicized once someone figures them out?
A: I won't tell you what the confusing descriptions mean. As for the other question, see the answer above.

Q: If I find a spelling or grammar mistake. Will you fix it?
A: No.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: 19 New Achievements + Icons
« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2011, 04:37:41 am »

How in the world is this a custom release? Maybe a suggestion, but wtf?

Some of the achievements are not that bad though.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 06:29:07 am by major »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: 19 New Achievements + Icons
« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2011, 04:43:31 am »

The icons are nice, some of the achievements are interesting ideas... some of them are a bit arbitrary and pointless.

There's a distinct lack of Bond-related puns though... I know Key To Their Heart was thought up by either Euphonic or Entropy-Soldier... Most of the achievements in GE:S have Bond-related titles or puns.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2011, 11:25:15 am »

hey, nice presentation! and I like some of the icons and ideas. but mangley is right, maybe you should concentrate on some bond-related themes. think about the movies, the characters, the actions, the titles. though, I think you´re on the right track.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:29:13 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Zippy

• Magic Member
  • Secret Agent
  • Zippy has no influence.
« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2011, 06:11:05 pm »

Only pun I got right now is "Between Your Eyes Only" for "Medulla Massacre"

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2011, 12:49:36 am »

i got some ideas for achivements:

Xenia..Warrior Princess
- As Xenia earn most deadly and rank up 20 kills with a hunting knife in a round

Bond vs Bond
- Play a Round with 4 Players as Diffrent Bonds

- Duel Wield a Weapon and earn 2,000 Kills

For Your Eyes Only
- Find all The Hidden Dats

Doctor Who?

- As The Scientist capture the key and score 11 times without being seen by a player (radar can or cannot be disabled)

Jackred

• Agent
  • Jackred has no influence.
« Reply #233 on: March 25, 2011, 08:06:09 pm »

What about an achievement called Goldfinger where you must not die in The Man with the Golden Gun setting with all of your kills from that gun.

That's the best I can come up since most of my ideas are already used by you guys.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2011, 02:49:34 am »

Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Jackred

• Agent
  • Jackred has no influence.
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2011, 04:03:33 pm »

I forgot about the one thanks.

How about winning on every single map achievement basically it doesn't matter which game types you do as long you win.

terps4life90

« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2011, 11:22:47 pm »

I got an achievement idea:

I called it "VC" lol

You have to kill 10 guys with the ar33 with a single clip hahahaha....

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2011, 11:39:40 pm »

I got an achievement idea:

I called it "VC" lol

You have to kill 10 guys with the ar33 with a single clip hahahaha....

There's already "Viashinowned"
I think its "Earn more than 4 good awards and win the round"

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #238 on: August 14, 2011, 10:17:03 am »

how about

"Last Stand"

Kill 10 Enemies with Low Health with Low Ammo

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2011, 10:52:22 am »

that should be called "ned kelly"