GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 11:36:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updates?  (Read 7462 times)

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
Updates?
« on: August 17, 2009, 05:26:14 am »

I'm not sure whether this would be more appropriate for this section or the Questions, How To's (WIKI) section, so I'll post it here.

I have a couple questions about updates on the forum. Not the game release update, but information updates. Are you going to update the Home page at all? I'm sure that a lot of people are curious if maybe we'd get a news update with some Beta 4 information. Another question is, are we going to see anymore weapons/characters/levels updates in Development Media section like you all posted 2 years ago? I loved seeing those almost every week, and I'm not sure why all those stopped. The blogs are nice for some details, but all I really see is VC's blog get posted on. Overall, it would just be nice to see/hear some solid news about Beta 4.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Updates?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 12:43:50 pm »

The home page never gets updated because it should be a re-dressed wiki page so all the relevant devs can get at it instead of someone with host server access.  But we're stupid so we haven't converted it over yet.

We're looking at getting some map teasers rolling.  They stopped because we fell out of the pattern of getting crap done in regular intervals.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

ThePlumb3r

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ThePlumb3r has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 03:47:14 pm »

It's good to know you guys are still hard at work.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 05:07:21 pm »

I can't wait to see the next bit of news. Especially if it is a map teaser. It'd be awesome to see how progress is going.

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 02:04:50 am »

Heard a bit regarding new levels, rolling explosions, and the grenade launcher but i remember hearing about bullet penetration. Is that going to make it's way into Beta4?

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 02:35:05 am »

There will be more than one update soon. Dont worry :D

The site being in suspended animation has nothing to do with having access...besides at least 4 people could do so today if necesary. The site is a reflection of the mod working silently towards a major patch (beta 4). If we had a release often approach, it would update monthly. This patch we've come to package all our beta 3 backburner implementations into one, that fans will REALLY enjoy coming to the latter part of this year and lasting sometime.

For those interested, I do think the longevity of the next patch as far as community adored features, will surpass beta 3 which is always a good piece of news. However you cant deny the quanitity of amazing code features beta 3 and .1 has slammed out.

are we going to see anymore weapons/characters/levels updates in Development Media section like you all posted 2 years ago? I loved seeing those almost every week, and I'm not sure why all those stopped.

We will attempt to get back on track with this. One reason is at that time in development we had more artwork being churned out and at a greater consistency and a deal of us were in college. As our artists become a part of the professional world, their time is limited and often relegated to chipping away slowly at their projects for GE:S, and that doesnt lend itself as easily to a weekly update scenario :P
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 04:52:45 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 04:02:38 am »

There will be more than one update soon. Dont worry :D

The site being in suspended animation has nothing to do with having access...besides at least 4 people could do so today if necesary. The site is a reflection of the mod working silently towards a major patch (beta 4). If we had a release often approach, it would update monthly. This patch we've come to package all our beta 3 backburner implementations into one, that fans will REALLY enjoy coming to the latter part of this year and lasting sometime.

For those interested, I do think the longevity of the next patch as far as community adored features, will surpass beta 3 which is always a good piece of news. However you cant deny the quanitity of amazing code features beta 3 and .1 has slammed out.

We will attempt to get back on track with this. One reason is at that time in development we had more artwork being churned out and at a greater consistency and a deal of us were in college. As our artists become a part of the professional world, their time is limited and often relegated to chipping away slowly at their projects for GE:S, and that doesnt lend itself as easily to a weekly update scenario :P

Thanks for that, Wake. I definently look forward to seeing the updates and stuff when they're released (hopefully sooner than later). It's completely understandable about hectic scehdules and whatnot, but any news is good news I suppose. The main reason I started this thread is because with the lack of official news and stuff like that, you can have the potential for losing people interested in what's coming up because they don't see anything definitive. IF you start posting some news on the homepage or in the development section, you can start seeing people being all "OMG did you hear what's going to be in B4???" and the like.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 05:09:30 am »

Any news is good news, we will definitely take stock of that advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up