GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 03:22:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone finished yet?  (Read 15138 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: Anyone finished yet?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 09:57:38 pm »

I AM offended.

Okay, so first of all let me say I'm sorry.
I did not mean to offend you, like I already said in the introduction to my last post.

Quote from: JessEH [The Beatles pwn j00!

I hate myself for making a big deal out of stupid crap and being a CONTRADICTORY sociopath asshole who continually alienates himself, always turning what's suppose to be fun into some serious, maddening ordeal. That's probably something I should work on.

So that is something we both share. :- (

Same could be said of all the other achievements. NONE of this achievement bullshit proves anything.

Well at least they prove someone likes the game and tries for them.

If I made a point to try for them, they would be done in no time. I'm asking for harder achievements so that horrible players such as yourself would TRULY have something to gloat about when you finally get LUCKY enough to complete them.

Having all 50 achievements doesn't make you look all that great when your accuracy is 10.8% and your k/d is 1.6 (which IS you acc and k/d, by the way). I don't care how many achievements you have, you're still bad. That's why I think achievements should be removed.

I could be an ass saying "I doubt that" but I've seen you playing, you're indeed a good player, in my opinion. And I guess it's my fault I started going a little personal, so you went to. Alright. You're refering to gestats.com. As I really tried for Hayday Mayday, you would first realize my suicide count. Furthermore there is - as you know - a constant change in gameplay mode and weaponset @Wnx, meaning you'd also get into some LTK being shot from behind and if you're unlucky quite often in a row for example or you'd get into some respawn - being killed again trap.
Last thing is my ping. Since I'm playing from Germany my ping is mostly horrible, so it's better to shoot more and missing more often than dying cause your bullet didn't hit where the server knew your enemy, but your client not.
Some achievements (-> Hayday Mayday) are about luck. And if you think about it killing the MWGG with slappers i about "being lucky" that he is either:
1) not good enough to shoot you
or 2) low on health
or 3) distracted by another player.
As you see, you could say so about every achievement in multiplayer. It's bascially "luck" not meeting someone who is superior to you or if the skill is the same has the better spawns etc., I hope you realize that.
Well, I just don't want to argue, yeah, there are some players who are frankly better than I am.

Really, the only achievement I'm interested in getting is the "Being Genuinely Skillful at the Game" achievement, which you can't code in and make a little icon for.

As I said, I'd prefer the achievements be gone so these types can't foolishly brag over nothing.

You've got a point there ~
Although I'd prefer still having achievements which are fun to go for.

Hope I haven't made anyone think less of me (if that's possible). But this "GES Achievement" crap usually rages me pretty bad. And I said it before and I'll say it again: Disable achievements for LTK, or make LTK specific achievements. Or make them harder. Or, preferably, get rid of them all together. You're just wasting time on something that most people don't even care about.

Although I'm pretty sure you don't really care what I think after that, I can say I do not think worse of you, since like I mentioned before I share the same 'problem'.
Let me say again, I'm sorry, I would like to apologize.

You made your point, you expressed your opinion, that's what the forums are for.
I also agree that some achievements should eventually be excluded from LTK. (kill achievements are already 3:1 in there, I think that's okay)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:08:46 pm by coolDisguise »

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 10:07:56 pm »

Thank you for being understanding. I feel like a fool. I apologize.

And I'm sorry for my arrogance. It's just a game, right? Sometimes I think that we are all doing wrong in being here. Aren't there more meaningful things we could be doing? Most people's hearts are in the wrong place most of the time. Mine, definitely.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:11:01 pm by JessEH [The Beatles pwn j00!] »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 10:16:01 pm »

Thank you for being understanding. I feel like a fool. I apologize.

And I'm sorry for my arrogance. It's just a game, right? Sometimes I think that we are all doing wrong in being here. Aren't there more meaningful things we could be doing? Most people's heads are in the wrong place. Mine, definitely.

It's alright mate (hope you don't get mad about the paragraph I just put in about being lucky/unlucky, but I think it's really about the interaction of people and not about being ultimate supreme).
Yeah, it's just a game. It's a game we all love that brings us here, together.

Sure, there may be some more meaningful things one could do - but it's your own decisions that make your life exactly YOUR life. What counts in the end is that you enjoyed it and don't regret things you did.
So for me, I enjoy playing GE: S. And I think I can live with saying: yeah, I spent a lot of time playing this game, hunting some useless achievement, but I was having fun.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 12:39:58 am »

I haven't read the last 7 posts cause there to long (im lazy).

But I was almost finished with all achievements, think i was like 46/50 or something. Then lost all achievement in a in a bad bug find. But I'm at 41/50 now so I get double cookies for doing it twice..haha.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 02:27:33 am »

tl;dr
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up