GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 29, 2024, 06:24:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Ge_Bunker_Nw  (Read 113581 times)

terps4life90

Re: Ge_Bunker_Nw
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2012, 09:11:51 pm »

First glimpse of the control room.

Should of looked like this in the goldeneye source version -_____-!

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2012, 09:29:03 pm »

Should of looked like this in the goldeneye source version -_____-!

The official Bunker (Not classic) isn't even released yet...

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2012, 11:43:41 pm »

Looking good Frexx, good to see you back in the saddle.

Official Bunker won't disappointing. Sad it missed the v4.2 release barely.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2012, 07:12:17 pm »

Unfortunately, I cannot get this dynamic shadow on the floor because when you explode the monitors the game lag!
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2012, 04:02:42 pm »

What do you mean by dynamic shadow?
The blue light stuff?

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2012, 04:04:32 pm »

What do you mean by dynamic shadow?
The blue light stuff?
Yeah.
Released maps:

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2012, 04:33:22 pm »

When i set the Lightmap Scale to 1 on some brush...

Without explosion (183 FPS):

With explosion: (13 FPS)

I have a Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5Ghz and a Radeon HD 6870 1 Gddr5 with 8 Gb DRR2 800

BIG THANKS TO IMAGESHACK.US FOR REMOVED ALL PICTURES!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:53:08 am by FReXx »
Released maps:

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2012, 07:55:29 am »

First glimpse of the control room.

man it looks awesome :) i love the purple lights- it brings a vibrantness to the room

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2012, 10:39:58 am »

I don't think a lightmap of 1 is a good idea, It most likely will kill performance for many users and boost the map's file size.
This performance drop is probably due to the lack of optimization in Source, Not your PC, I could be wrong though.
Try 4/8, You shouldn't lose too much quality in visuals and you'll definitely get a boost in performance.
I once did a few tests and a lightmap of 1 absolutely killed my performance, Whilst 4 ran smoothly.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2012, 02:41:05 pm »

The 13 FPS is courtesy of Valve's complete shit implementation of Dynamic lighting.

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2012, 07:23:34 pm »

I don't think a lightmap of 1 is a good idea, It most likely will kill performance for many users and boost the map's file size.
This performance drop is probably due to the lack of optimization in Source, Not your PC, I could be wrong though.
Try 4/8, You shouldn't lose too much quality in visuals and you'll definitely get a boost in performance.
I once did a few tests and a lightmap of 1 absolutely killed my performance, Whilst 4 ran smoothly.

Indeed there is much less lag to 4. Thank you. In addition, the result is not too bad.

The 13 FPS is courtesy of Valve's complete shit implementation of Dynamic lighting.

It's so true  >:(

So...

Here's a little preview of the work accomplished on Hammer.

Sorry but I do not want to show the result in-game at the moment.

BIG THANKS TO IMAGESHACK.US FOR REMOVED ALL PICTURES!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:53:24 am by FReXx »
Released maps:

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2012, 08:19:41 am »

I've encountered the same issue when i had the lightmap scale on 2 in the prison cell area in my bunker.
Surely nice shadows but unplayable if there are dynamic lights.
I used a value of 4 then on a few surfaces and 8 for the most parts there which gave an visually aceptable result while remainig playable.

You could try env_projectedtexture, not sure if this will be better performance wise though.

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #147 on: December 25, 2012, 01:25:24 am »

I've encountered the same issue when i had the lightmap scale on 2 in the prison cell area in my bunker.
Surely nice shadows but unplayable if there are dynamic lights.
I used a value of 4 then on a few surfaces and 8 for the most parts there which gave an visually aceptable result while remainig playable.

You could try env_projectedtexture, not sure if this will be better performance wise though.

It is playable but when there is an explosion on Goldeneye that create a orange dynamic light.

So dynamic light in a dynamic shadow is too much for source engine.
Released maps:

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #148 on: December 25, 2012, 04:53:15 am »

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:54:08 am by FReXx »
Released maps:

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #149 on: December 25, 2012, 07:25:59 am »

Very nice, extremely impressed. Looks fantastic. Love the little touches. Keep up the work!
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up