GoldenEye: Source Forums

• June 17, 2024, 05:48:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Ge_Bunker_Nw  (Read 96505 times)

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
Re: Ge_Bunker_Nw
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2010, 12:33:28 pm »

1. Thought: Wow looks awesome! Not 1 on 1 professional, but semi-pro. Really nice!
2. Thought: Hey if you can become realy good, you could apply for a map job. But the lightning makes aallllll the diffffference in the world.
3. Damn bunker got dropped for beta 4?
4. Doesn't matter because corridors equals boring gameplay...
5. *Grmbl* Overhaul this overhaul that... Beta 4 at least two months away? :'(

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2010, 07:11:11 am »

Latest news ;D

BIG THANKS TO IMAGESHACK.US FOR REMOVED ALL PICTURES!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:48:36 am by FReXx »
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2010, 07:41:08 am »

Latest news ;D

That's some badass news.  Looks great! 

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2010, 11:00:19 am »

Not bad Frexx, you made some progress with mapping i see.
But are you using the same tile texture for floor and ceiling?
It should also have a specularity mask so then tile joints won't be that shiny.
Seeing the Radar dish in the background of the outside area would be truely epic, also a tree boarder arround the backside of that area would be good.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2010, 04:01:41 pm »

This is looking better and better! I like it so far, I can see the look is heavily inspired by the official version though.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2010, 04:28:09 pm »

It's really looking good, I like it. :-)

Especially that Helipad area (+the skybox you used) and the snow particles in the ventilation tower.

As for the tiles... I don't know.
I think they look good the way they are.
But I also think this is an old russian base, the walls and everything is looking worn and in all this there are shiny new tiles - kind of doesn't really fit in there, even if they have the latest computer equipment and stuff brought in there regularly.

Then again... the tiles are looking good. :- /
But I suppose kraid is right.
Maybe I'm just waiting for a shiny map in contrast to most GE settings, something like the HQ in PD or the MI6 HQ in TWINE.

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2010, 08:54:29 am »

New look style for corridors!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 11:08:28 am by FReXx »
Released maps:

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2010, 12:55:42 pm »

Oh man that made me moisten my panties. Great work!

(The stairs might be too short, as in each step is too short and there are too many steps)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2010, 09:11:25 pm »

Yes, I agree. This map makes me.....anyways..I agree that the stairs should be decreased in number a little bit. It looks my 2 year old cousin is the only one that can actually walk up those with the size of his feet..... :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2010, 04:07:28 am »

jeezes i just (insert bad word here) in my pants after seeing the images and video.

That is some professional workmanship right there.

Damn you guys are good at this, fucking Rare should hire you guys atleast.

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2010, 05:16:56 am »

jeezes i just (insert bad word here) in my pants after seeing the images and video.

That is some professional workmanship right there.

Damn you guys are good at this, fucking Rare should hire you guys atleast.

Thank you very much dude :D
Released maps:

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2010, 07:26:36 am »

Hey man just a quick few crits, you should try to run multiple 48 or 64 unit brushes down the center of the hallway floor to break up the repetative sections. (imo) Play around with textures similar to a dark brown metal diomand plate for example, try metal/metalfloor001a or metal/metalfloor005a for the center of the floor. Also, for the cieling try a 32 unit brush with a different texture(s) such as facility/ceiling04.

Also, try to add ventalation. Maybe some "decals/decalmetalgrate001a" decals placed every 128 or 196 (try the 196 so it is does not appear to be too repetative). And dont be afraid to knock out some lights in one or two sections.

I like how you tryed to use different colores and hues for the lighting, but I would try to make them a little stronger each way, such as deeper blues and oranges. For some easy detail, in the areas that you knock out some lights, add one or two env_sparks (small sparks and short falling distances). Adding some wires (thin ".5") would also add easy detail.

Try those out, I would like to see what ideas you can add too.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Spydow

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Spydow has no influence.
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2010, 11:49:15 am »

Great job my friend!
I can't wait to play on your version of bunker (again). I still have to get my Steam acc back tho... Damn kids hacking Steam accounts.

Josh [SLX]

• Wrestling game designer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Josh [SLX] is looked down upon.
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2010, 03:39:18 am »

Very nice map.
Current Projects: Runway, Bunker, Aztec Textures

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2010, 11:22:20 pm »

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:51:39 am by FReXx »
Released maps:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up