GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 10:28:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Game stops responding on server join  (Read 7115 times)

Lightz29

Game stops responding on server join
« on: March 02, 2009, 04:26:09 am »

Hey back to try out the new beta but every time I try to join a server the game stops responding while its doing its loading thing. Any reasons why this could be happening?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Game stops responding on server join
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 04:33:23 am »

How long have you let it sit unresponsive? Mine from time to time does that, but passes when loading finishes anyway.

If not,try reinstalling SDK Base, and game maybe.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 04:40:39 am »

It could be you were loading a server with a thirdparty map. It sometimes takes a while to download.

Lightz29

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 05:24:05 pm »

of the four or so servers that appear they all have the same problem. Ive let it set for 30 minutes with no success. So it obviously isn't doing anything at the freezing point.

Lightz29

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 06:49:49 pm »

Oh well, guess you'll have one less person playing and spreading the word.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 06:55:17 pm »

Oh well, guess you'll have one less person playing and spreading the word.

Wait wait wait, don't go now! How are your server filters set up? I have mine set to show Europe only and I get like 7 or 8 servers. Also, have you tried reinstalling GES and/or the SDK. I know this sounds silly but seems to solve most of the problems...

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 12:25:22 am »

I can attest to that - I wasn't seeing any servers at all, but I re-installed the Beta, applied the patch, and now I consistently see 17 servers, they load fine, and I've never been booted from any of them.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 01:10:58 am »

Make sure your firewall isint blocking hl2.exe as the firefall will cause hl2.exe to freeze

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 02:20:46 am »

Sorry it took several days to get to this thread again. In our defense, we are just praying the valve update is going to hold strong for our planned patch we are working on internally. This is why troubleshooting your thread was bypassed. That and hate to be picky but you made it in the wrong section!

Next time bring up troubleshoot queries through this link = Questions, help and how to
Pages: [1]   Go Up