GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 09:30:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Main Page.  (Read 11762 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Main Page.
« on: February 28, 2009, 09:55:28 pm »

On the main page, there is a Post-It with a tiny screenshot of Caves. I was thinking, and I thought it would be cool if it was a set to a randomizer, so it would be a different image every time (Like my avatar and signature).

I went ahead and made one already, and I want to know everyone's opinions.

http://a.random-image.net/jcferggy/postit.jpg

Just refresh the link to see a different image, and there is 8 total.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: Main Page.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 10:01:14 pm »

I likes.

Just throwing this out there, but it could also be used for a practical purpose.
ie: Map development progress.

Otherwise, randomizing it would make things that much better.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 10:17:57 pm »

Good idea. It would bring some more logic to the "Latest surveillance" title anyway, since surveillance is supposed to be updated frequently. I can take some screens of maps and gameplay if you want.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 11:07:38 pm »

Yeah, good idea.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 11:34:46 pm »

i thought it did change... i remember seeing both control and oddly a pic of bunker there before (bunker looked amazing... i wondered why id never seen it like that before)

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 11:56:13 pm »

It was changed manually for the Beta 3 release. I'm more interested in an automated one.

JcFerggy

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 12:36:43 am »

Thanks to Wake, it has been added. We decided only to have levels with newer content in them. There are 2 screens of Archives, 2 of Caves, 2 of Facility, 2 of Egyptian, and 3 of Runway.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 02:54:53 am »

You guys are horrible at cutting images to properly display. Whats up with all the jaggys lol.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

JcFerggy

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 02:58:38 am »

You guys are horrible at cutting images to properly display. Whats up with all the jaggys lol.
Tell you the truth, but it was like that with the Cave's picture before we did this. Later I can make a better version of the template if you want, but currently my computer is being used my by mom, and I'm posting from my brothers.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 03:05:41 am »

I know. The way it was before [the update of the caves picture] is how its suppose to be, to resemble a polaroid picture. Smooth edges, etc.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

JcFerggy

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 06:47:16 am »

You mean something more like this?

Kujo

• Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kujo has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 07:41:58 am »

A good idea, i was thinking about something like that the other day when looked at that image, to have it cycle.  Random screenshots are always fun :)

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Daisy-Fan has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 07:48:25 am »

good idea about this JcFerggy.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 08:08:33 am »

yea
A good idea, i was thinking about something like that the other day when looked at that image, to have it cycle.  Random screenshots are always fun :)

yeah and thats some simple codes too.. like everytime a page changes or you could use it for once a day the picture will randomize.. *looks at my siggy and hits refresh*

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 06:50:47 pm »

heh. Something I didn't realize is that egyptian's big pillars have the per-vertex lighting for you low quality settings wankers, since you don't use the normalmaps (normalmaps + phong render differently, and don't use the per-vertex lighting). The per-vertex lighting can look slightly wonky since they are such big props.
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up