GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 27, 2024, 04:26:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Forge 90226: Live and Let Die  (Read 24495 times)

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
Re: VC's Forge 90226: Live and Let Die
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 02:37:42 am »

Yeah, In fact you have two targets: Baron and GG holder. Others better team to 1/ get the GG and 2/ kill the baron.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 03:48:41 am »

It actually look like assassination in nightfire on NGC.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 05:55:59 am »

*interested*

An excellent and creative addition indeed. Looking forward to it. :)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 06:12:46 am »

nice, thanks VC for this great blog. You da man. :) Can't wait!

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 10:48:13 am »

VC, I must ask: how are you going to handle the spawns? Are you going to use the ones that are defined in Egyptian or are you going to make some new ones? I put my two cents on the latter.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 02:30:57 pm »

Normal DM spawns.

Honestly, our mapper fiends are having a hard enough time figuring out how spawns work, in general, and how to count them.  Try playing Complex on a pub and enjoy the -1 starting scores of a third of the players to see that in action.  Would I try to get every map tweaked and re-built just to support a new scenario while I'm nagging nightly to get documented LUA callback functions fixed because they were "written" and never tested until I tried to use them and saw them fail all over the place?  Nope, and that is assuming I needed any alteration to the spawn pattern.

DM spawns are exactly what I need for this scenario,

And now, I return to waiting for Lodle to add a function so I can get L&LD into a testable state.  Then I need to stomp on Wake's toes and draft some beta testers because apparently we have only three that actually show up anymore, and he seems to be too busy being a bi-polar sourpuss to axe the noobs and bring in some people who will appreciate the position.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 03:57:00 pm »

Thanks for the thorough explanation about the spawns and Complex. In fact I've played Complex in a crowded server and killed myself twice in a row because of spawns.

What I was thinking about when I asked my question was making both the normal players and the Baron spawn away from the AuG, the players a little closer than the Baron. Maybe the players could spawn around the trucks or something. It would drive to a completely different spawn logic on this game mode, which in turn would require more work.
Or you could just make sure no one would spawn too close to the AuG.

That was me rambling. Dismiss the text above please.

Staaf

• Secret Agent
  • Staaf has no influence.
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 04:44:54 pm »

can't wait to see this. keep up the good work

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2009, 05:08:40 pm »

This looks amazing, and I can't wait to be able to try it out. I just hope that the people that play it actually play it as the game variant is set up and not just as DeathMatch.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2009, 11:12:22 pm »

I'm happy with random spawns.  Any attempt to plant player locations will lead to CSS repetitiveness.  We flip the team spawns every round specifically to avoid repetition while respecting the fact that many maps have some form of polarity.  As it is, someone's going to spawn next to the Baron, someone is going to spawn next to the AuG, and everyone's chances are equal.  It's the same way with MWTGG really.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 06:46:12 am by Wake[of]theBunT »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 09:44:16 pm »

L&LD should now be ready for playtesting, though there are still a few engine bugs to work out.  We're looking at Sunday for the first test.

btw, everyone, prepare this bind in your autoexec:
bind key "say !voodoo"

This is the command to re-locate as Baron Samedi. You may use it three times during a round.  KM will probably get a proper command for it in the key config, but this will be supported as a fallback.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2009, 10:03:22 pm »

You are correct when you say that the chances are similar to those in MWtGG. It has happened a few times to me spawning far from the AuG and then have to run all the way just to find that it had already been taken by someone who spawned near it hehe.

Happy playtesting! I am really looking forward for this to come out of the oven, 'cause judging by the recipe, it seems delicious.

EDIT: what ze hell has happened to my rep? From what I can recall, I haven't been spamming the boards or anything, nor saying anything that is wrong in any way (not that I bother that much about rep, but it is not something to toy with, with the exception of KM's one hehe)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:05:33 pm by PPK »

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 10:14:53 pm »

ur points r bein trolld lol

1Rusky

• Secret Agent
  • 1Rusky has no influence.
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 04:15:14 am »

Wahwahweewah, PPK has 650 posts in less than two months on the board!

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2009, 12:26:14 pm »

ur points r bein trolld lol

I r not likin tis haha!

I can see it has been increased now. I just think that the rep is not something to toy around with, since it's supposed to give feedback about the member, with the exception of a very special case of KM, who is haunted by the Devil. That is why I asked that

Wahwahweewah, PPK has 650 posts in less than two months on the board!

I like to participate on the discussion! Or just make stupid posts haha.That's why I joined the boards. And I've been watching this for over two years but only decided to join a while ago.

@VC: since you are delaying the 3.1 patch because Valve screwed up big this time and your first playtesting will be this Sunday (hopefully), will it be ready for a release with the patch? Or since this is a more complex game mode, it will required more testing than usual to ensure good results and only come out with Beta 4, that is, if Valve solves the problem in the near future (read the next two months)?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 02:21:33 pm by PPK »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up