Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
Re: Wait
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 02:01:10 am »

Scripts dont make a player better if you are good you are good simple as that.

When using scripts to mess with the original gameplay ex: crouch hopping (cs 1.6) you are giving yourself an unfair advantage by messing with your hitboxes, thus making it harder to get hit. ex2: using a no recoil script, nuff said right? using a script to remove any recoil from your gun? Unfair advantage, i'm 100% against any types of script in game. Anyone can click and shoot a gun, to shoot the gun RIGHT is the skill involved it IS as simple as that.. Yet some want to take it to a farther extent and use scripts to get that unfair advantage by diluting the games properties(basically bear with me) and getting LESS recoil on a gun.  Hence, Why scripts are banned in professional gaming, and many player servers, the use of an unfair advantage to get the win.

I'm not saying
bind r "say I'm Reloading!;wait;+reload"(or w/e like this)
is an unfair advantage, that's sweet and simple and to the point.. but i'm saying personally, I think any script that has to dilute gameplay is unfair and should not be allowed. also note why they call those scrips EXPLOITS. they EXPLOIT the game by using said scripts.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 02:03:28 am by Sp1nn3y »

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 02:11:45 am »

People that use those scripts are at a disadvantage if you ask me because they took control away from them selves and left in the hands of the engine hich is why i am not bothered by them although the duck jump one does look horrendous.
deja vu, man!

My no recoil script is to fire in small bursts :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 02:13:39 am by keefy »

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 10:57:50 am »

My no recoil script is to fire in small bursts :)

Press the Fire button calmly. Don't press it for a full pull, just little clicks and repeat them in a cyclic order. That way you will have less recoil. Look at how the pros of GE:S do it and you'll get the idea. Since I started doing that, my accuracy and kill count rocketed sky high.

@Sp1nn3y: I completely agree with your point of view. It's good to know they are banned from the serious servers.

sturmeh

• Agent
  • sturmeh has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 05:50:00 am »

alias "wait10" "wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait; wait"
alias "wait50" "wait10; wait10; wait10; wait10; wait10"
alias "wait100" "wait50; wait50"
alias "wait500" "wait100; wait100; wait100; wait100; wait100"
alias "wait1000" "wait500; wait500"
alias "waita" "wait100;wait100;wait50"
alias "waitb" "wait100;wait100;wait100;wait50"
Why do people do that...
wait 1234; waits 1234 milliseconds, you don't need to make magical aliases for that function.

Instead of waita; and waitb; use wait 250; and wait 350;

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 05:59:38 am »

scripts are for noobs

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 06:27:16 am »

Because they've been copy-pasting that since Counter Strike.

It's like the cmd/updaterate 101 bullshit.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 07:02:05 am »

Why do people do that...
wait 1234; waits 1234 milliseconds, you don't need to make magical aliases for that function.

Instead of waita; and waitb; use wait 250; and wait 350;
They dont use that because it doesnt work, also the length of a  wait is determined by FPS so 200FPS means its shorter than 30FPS.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:07:53 am by keefy »

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 07:53:36 am »

I made a wigglewalk script for Natural Selection.  It boosts your forward speed by upto 40%, no wall strafe required.   wait is my friend.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 08:27:49 am »

When using scripts to mess with the original gameplay ex: crouch hopping (cs 1.6) you are giving yourself an unfair advantage by messing with your hitboxes, thus making it harder to get hit. ex2: using a no recoil script, nuff said right? using a script to remove any recoil from your gun? Unfair advantage, i'm 100% against any types of script in game. Anyone can click and shoot a gun, to shoot the gun RIGHT is the skill involved it IS as simple as that.. Yet some want to take it to a farther extent and use scripts to get that unfair advantage by diluting the games properties(basically bear with me) and getting LESS recoil on a gun.  Hence, Why scripts are banned in professional gaming, and many player servers, the use of an unfair advantage to get the win.

I'm not saying
bind r "say I'm Reloading!;wait;+reload"(or w/e like this)
is an unfair advantage, that's sweet and simple and to the point.. but i'm saying personally, I think any script that has to dilute gameplay is unfair and should not be allowed. also note why they call those scrips EXPLOITS. they EXPLOIT the game by using said scripts.

scripts are for noobs
+1

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 08:52:37 am »

one day ill be recognized
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up