GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 23, 2024, 07:18:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Character select  (Read 7010 times)

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
Character select
« on: February 10, 2009, 02:28:39 am »

Me being me wants to get back into game as fast as possible after joining spectate, so is there a way of skipping the character select menu?
I have setup some binds but when I press them the select screen still appears am i missing something somewhere?  I have spent the last 30 or so minutes trying to figure it out.

Code: [Select]
alias MI6 "jointeam 2; ge_favcharMI6 bond black_suit"
alias Janus "jointeam 3; ge_favcharJanus ourumov green_military"

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Character select
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 03:43:48 am »

Not to toss your need out of the window, but how hard is it to pick your character? If anything was to be done, there would be an option for Character Set, where when you join a server, you auto join to the last character you have played as in the set (All, MI6, or Janus), and can only change after playing by going to the character select screen with "B".

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 03:49:56 am »

The game already remembers what character you picked last, and puts you right in the game without having to select your character. The problem is it doesn't put you in the game, and just puts you as a spectator. But we're working on that.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 04:43:33 am »

Just to clarify Baron's post...

We remember your DM character  selection, as well as each TEAMs character selection. After you select team you can simply press ACCEPT and you'll be at your favorite character already no matter the mode (as long as you set it beforehand by choosing in that mode).

As for the binds, give it up, the way the system works (and is being fixed) you are forced to go through the charselect menu.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 03:29:28 pm »

So infuture the charselect menu will only appear if you press the charselect button (B) and not type jointeam into console?
I know it remembers but I just want to make sure I am the models I prefer, put it down to bad experiences with HL2DM :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up