GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 22, 2024, 03:31:43 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Chicago Dedicated Server  (Read 5873 times)

lpkane

New Chicago Dedicated Server
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:47:21 am »

Just wanted to let everyone know that I setup a 20 man dedicated server in Chicago, you can find it at:

ges.esea.net:27015

I own a company (you can guess which one by the above server URL) that runs hundreds of 1.6 / CSS / TF2 servers but I'm new to GES and any and all server change requests would be welcomed.

Enjoy!

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: New Chicago Dedicated Server
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:07:40 am »

New servers are always welcome. 20 slot is pretty big, i hope you will run mostly big maps on it.
Most of the GES maps, especally the _classic ones won't have a good gaming experience with 20 ppl on it.
I suggest you to lower the ammount of slots to somewhat arround 8-16 depending on the maps you are going to run on it. (e.g. archives, runway, egypt, temple_classic,... can handle much more players then stack/basment/complex_classic)
What Gamemodes and weaponsets are you going to run on the server?
There are allready a lot of servers with DM or LtK and random weaponsets, so there should be some Servers with other setings too. What about YOLT/Team YOLT or maybe a noradar server.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:17:32 am »

Sweet another server to play in, Always good to see more people adding to the Beta3 experience :D, Hook line sinker one at a time ;-)

Agreed, personally i think 12 person is perfect for majority of the maps... esp. for say team YOLT it just runs nice and smoothly, not too quick.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 09:54:46 am »

It depends, 20 players is not that many as long as it's teamplay, or set to be large maps only.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up