GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 04:44:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Bunker going to be added......  (Read 17550 times)

SPECTRE v7

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • SPECTRE v7 has no influence.
    • myspace.com/orlando87
Is Bunker going to be added......
« on: February 08, 2009, 10:42:23 pm »

I just downloaded the mod yesterday, and i haven't seen Bunker yet, that was one off my fav maps....Is it out for beta 3 or will it be released later on, if it's not already released...

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Is Bunker going to be added......
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 11:01:22 pm »

First things first: welcome to the forums, SPECTRE v7! Hope you enjoy your stay.

There was a third-party Bunker map made for BETA 1.1, but for BETA 3 there is currently no such map. It will probably be added in a future release.

The BETA 1.1 version of the Bunker resembles the original in terms of textures; play it and you'll see.

To get more information on the current state of Bunker, follow this link:
http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Bunker
The Classic version is here:
http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Ge_Bunker_Classic

Information about the map is scarce at the moment, probably because it is a surprise for the next release or something like that.

Hope it helped!

PPK

SPECTRE v7

• Secret Agent
  • SPECTRE v7 has no influence.
    • myspace.com/orlando87
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 11:12:47 pm »

First things first: welcome to the forums, SPECTRE v7! Hope you enjoy your stay.

There was a third-party Bunker map made for BETA 1.1, but for BETA 3 there is currently no such map. It will probably be added in a future release.

The BETA 1.1 version of the Bunker resembles the original in terms of textures; play it and you'll see.

To get more information on the current state of Bunker, follow this link:
http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Bunker
The Classic version is here:
http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Ge_Bunker_Classic

Information about the map is scarce at the moment, probably because it is a surprise for the next release or something like that.

Hope it helped!

PPK

Thanks for the info, hope the wait isn't too long for the release :)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 11:20:06 pm »

We're here to help mate. Whenever you need help regarding GE:S, you can count on us, the community, to help you.

Happy frags!

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 06:52:29 pm »

Was the Bunker not finished, a long time ago ? I thoght it, because i saw a long video about the Bunker. However..... It would be sure reales @ Beta 4
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 08:34:55 pm »

Nice super bump.
I barely understand that, so I'm in no position to answer it...
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 08:39:29 pm »

Was the Bunker not finished, a long time ago ? I thoght it, because i saw a long video about the Bunker.

Semedi (A now inactive developer) was working on Bunker, and the frontzone version of the map was essentially complete for the Beta 1.x release. However, it wasn't quite up to the GES quality, and used a whole bunch of ugly HL2 assets. Sharpsh00tah took it and redid a lot of the base geometry, and now I'm helping to to do a lot of detailing and finish the map up. The map may or may not make the Beta 4 release (probably not).
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 10:23:52 pm »

Whilst we're on the subject, can I ask... is there going to be a Bunker and Bunker2?
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 07:08:45 pm »

So , SSL. Any prospects that it will be realese ? Or how is the Status of the map ?
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 09:30:34 pm »

It's not going to be in Beta 4, I'm completely restarting the map from scratch since Semedi's geometry is unusable.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 10:23:34 pm »

Aww

I'd just like to bump this question:

Whilst we're on the subject, can I ask... is there going to be a Bunker and Bunker2?

I ask since there is no mention of Bunker2 anywhere...

I know that the multiplayer Bunker was Bunker2 but since you guys are remaking all the maps... Will there be a distinction?

Bissrok

• Agent
  • Bissrok has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 09:31:16 pm »

It's not going to be in Beta 4, I'm completely restarting the map from scratch since Semedi's geometry is unusable.

Nice to hear that it's in the works, though. For some reason, that's always been my favorite level to play. It'll be great to see an updated version of it.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 09:36:00 pm »

Why is samedi's geometry unusable?  :-X

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 01:13:06 am »

Why is samedi's geometry unusable?  :-X

He thought it would be a good idea to make all the geometry stupid dimensions which are all prime numbers, stuff like 1, 5, 17, and crazy stuff like 43. The map has far worse compiling time and performance because of this, as well as is a pain in the ass to do anything with since it doesn't stick to the Hammer grid. Proper map geometry (used by all other devs) should be in units of 2 (typical Source measurements are 4, 8, 16, 40, 128, etc.). I'm redoing all of the base geometry and carrying over as many details as possible (I finished a few rooms before I decided to scrap the map).

Facility Classic (Also by Semedi) has these terrible unit problems too, but since the geometry is so simple the performance impact is not as noticeable. Plus nobody feels like redoing it, and VC will get an exact replica of the GE64 map done eventually.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 05:05:07 pm by The SSL »

Sporkfire

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Sporkfire has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 01:44:26 am »

thats strange I wonder what his reason(s) for using prime numbers.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up