GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 19, 2024, 11:56:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Please post if you have played within the last 3 days  (Read 14965 times)

Blitzy

• Regular @ TDR
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Blitzy has no influence.
    • TDRGaming.com
Re: Please post if you have played within the last 3 days
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 04:35:23 pm »

Just be careful and remind your boys to not joke about dead people... Good to see more players, hope you guys will stick around until ges 3 is out :)

We've already dealt with them. Just a while after you left, they tried to bring it up again, and a higher-up present then quickly enforced the fact that it was completely insensitive, distasteful and not appropriate on the server. We tolerate "drunkeness", and tolerate minor offences, but we draw the line when it comes to clearly unacceptable matters such as that.

We don't mind people having fun. But we're very strict on rules too. We want to provide the mod with an extra mature, friendly player base and we intend to do whatever it takes to do that.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 07:31:50 pm »

Beta 3 will definitely hit the LAN gaming community hard. It is completely focused around team based and round based gameplay while also promoting individual players to play hard and get better through awards and achievements.

As you can tell I am extremely excited. If you can get 400 people to like Beta 1.1~ you can easily get 4000 people to love Beta 3. Welcome to the revolution, where indie mod teams surpass major production studios with ease

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 07:36:57 pm »

A few friends of mine and I play relatively frequently. We're going to look into having a server once Beta 3's released and see where it goes from there.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Blitzy

• Regular @ TDR
  • Agent
    • TDRGaming.com
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 07:48:29 pm »

Beta 3 will definitely hit the LAN gaming community hard. It is completely focused around team based and round based gameplay while also promoting individual players to play hard and get better through awards and achievements.

As you can tell I am extremely excited. If you can get 400 people to like Beta 1.1~ you can easily get 4000 people to love Beta 3. Welcome to the revolution, where indie mod teams surpass major production studios with ease

Ha ha, believe it or not, hearing that Beta 3 would induce competitive and team-based gameplays, whilst revolving around the legend that is Goldeneye, is exactly what's persuaded us to come and hop on your bandwagon. We only go for the team-based games, and the small glints of Beta 3 that I've come across throughout the forum board look oh, so promising.

Just wait till VALVe looks at you and goes "Yeah, we need to hire them all."  ;)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 07:58:05 pm »

Just wait till VALVe looks at you and goes "Yeah, we need to hire them all."  ;)

i am valuable valve, if you read this.

LOLOllllolol

Blitzy

• Regular @ TDR
  • Agent
    • TDRGaming.com
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 08:02:23 pm »

i am valuable valve, if you read this.

LOLOllllolol

Pfft, did you see the people they got to test Left 4 Dead? Did you see the number of bugs and glitches that were released because their testers sucked?

You're in there, laddy. Get in.

eliteghost

• Agent
  • eliteghost has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 10:23:09 pm »

Well, I'll try and leave a listen server up as long as possible, but it's terrible compared to a dedicated server due to the fact that I can't really edit anything unless I use the console and I don't know a lot of commands(I'm not blaming anyone, I know Beta 3 will add listen server options). Anyways, I'll keep spreading the word

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 10:25:20 pm »

Welcome to the revolution, where indie mod teams surpass major production studios with ease
Quoted for great justice.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 11:59:23 pm »

Listen Servers are broked by OB SDK... for some reason it refuses to exit from sv_lan no matter how hard you try...

Read below
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 03:31:18 am by killermonkey »

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 01:44:13 am »

monkey you just have to change map and sv_listen will change

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 02:53:05 am »

Joking about passed loved ones? Or a Heath Ledger joke. If it's the latter, get a sense of humor you fucking pussies, jeez. I'm one of the most patriotic people you know, and I still chuckled at my father's "two biggest birthday candles I ever had" joke. (His birthday is 9/11.)
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

Blitzy

• Regular @ TDR
  • Agent
    • TDRGaming.com
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 03:16:27 am »

Joking about passed loved ones? Or a Heath Ledger joke. If it's the latter, get a sense of humor you fucking pussies, jeez. I'm one of the most patriotic people you know, and I still chuckled at my father's "two biggest birthday candles I ever had" joke. (His birthday is 9/11.)

It was an insensitive comment about GE:S' most loved, Nickster. I too can have a laugh at things such as what you suggest, but when it comes to someone who people actually knew and can relate to, and people take offense to it, a line must and has been drawn.

Anyways, enough about that, it's taken care of. We need more servers! More players! More GE:S legendary fun!

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 03:56:45 am »

Oh, wow, that is really fucked up then :( sorry i'll drop the subject
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

SeNoR DoLoR

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 03:14:55 am »

Just be careful and remind your boys to not joke about dead people... Good to see more players, hope you guys will stick around until ges 3 is out :)

Yeah, sorry about that. But I really enjoy this mod, especially now that I have edited the gun sounds to sound like the original goldeneye 64 sounds. :)

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 08:14:27 am »

just got done playing. dl today not finished but already like more than any other online fps.

keep up the good work
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up