GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 20, 2024, 12:05:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Please post if you have played within the last 3 days  (Read 14968 times)

eliteghost

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • eliteghost has no influence.
Please post if you have played within the last 3 days
« on: January 14, 2009, 04:52:48 am »

Is it me or are there only 10 people on at any given time, i'm pretty sure i'm using 1.1 but what gives?
Everyone on the forums say they play but, I go to find servers, about 7 of 10 are empty.
When i first started playing, I was expecting a flood of players eventually (it's Goldeneye after all) but,
it's pretty quiet when trying to find a server. Is the game going to be announced(to the media,etc.)
when Beta 3 is available or is this game doomed to a life of underappreciation?

If you have played within the last three days, please post.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Please post if you have played within the last 3 days
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 05:06:34 am »

I have, but I've been doing school work and messing with the wiki more.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 05:14:00 am »

It isn't the most booming TC at the moment. I mean, in big-hit FPS standards.
However, there is almost always someone playing. You just need to catch a wave, as it were. There tend to be busier hours.

I was playing last night.

Beta 3 is on the way this year. 352 days tops. ;)
When it happens, things will pick up like never before. Help spread the word!

(Seriously, I'm wondering what the initial reaction of people is going to be when they finally read "BETA 3 is out".
...How am I going to react?)

Heh, 123rd post for me.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:18:05 am by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 05:15:01 am »

You can usually find 10-12 people on a server around 6-8 EST (That's also when I usually play)
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 05:32:24 am »

There will be a big surge of people playing, and we intend on doing alot of PR, and Media before our upcoming release, and continuing after with more exposure, more media, and of course continuous patches to BETA 3 will come with future progress. This will all help grow our community base, and most importantly our user base playing.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 05:38:09 am »

I just played tonight, well not with you guys but tested beta3 tonight with people. Was rather fun but like sean said look for media release and stuff then you will know a slight idea of what we are so excited to be releasing for you all.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 05:48:38 am »

I was playing Beta1.1 and Beta3 today, both had 10ish people on at anytime I looked.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 07:43:23 am »

I'll certainly be spreading the word. In my forum for my extremely bad until I get a scanner comic strip, I'll have a news thing for it, as well as mouth to mouth to friends.
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 09:53:36 pm »

I haven't play since november 2008 as I am waiting for beta 3. It's only a question of months...  ::)
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 02:43:50 am »

< 351 days.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

eliteghost

• Agent
  • eliteghost has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 04:01:11 am »

I know there are around 10ish people but that doesn't feel like enough (for me). I'm not expecting Counter-Strike levels of players but with the amount of people on these forums, I'm expecting 20-30ish people because those 10ish people tend to hang around in a single server and most of the time, it's a high ping server (for me at least, I live in Canada). I suppose I could wait for Beta 3, provided I don't get sucked into my 360 that I'm getting.

Also, do you guys mind if I shamelessly promote this game every chance I get? I mean everywhere (forums, Facebook,Youtube, word of mouth,etc.). I want to get the word out, all I have to say is Goldeneye and everyone would freak out and flock.

Regardless, Thanks for the responses, just waiting out Beta 3 (after exams are over, school gets easy, too much free time).

Blitzy

• Regular @ TDR
  • Agent
  • Blitzy has no influence.
    • TDRGaming.com
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 11:23:09 am »

Saw this thread and had to register. Been lurking for a long time now.  8)

I love this mod. I loved the original, and you guys pay it justice easily. Heck, you've IMPROVED the legend in multiplayer FPSs. Not many people can claim an achievement like that! Yet when I see this thread, and when I see the active number of players, I can't help but think GE:S isn't getting the attention it deserves. So I went round a few friends of mine, and got them to try it. They loved it too.

So then we introduced it to our gaming community, TDR. We really want to see this mod up there in the limelight. We BEGGED for, and we've been granted, a test server. If all goes well, we'll probably add several more to accomodate different game-modes.

On check we've got 400 active members, and Goldeneye Source just became the #1 thing around on the forum board. 20 people installed and began playing just last night alone. No complaints, only sheer lulz. ^_^ Hey, we get a good mod to play so you guys should get more players. Win/Win.

We aim to try and populate servers whenever possible by any means, so essentially, you'll now have an extra 15 players at any one time playing GE:S, at least once we've got it properly set up. Multiply that if we get 2-3 more servers. ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 11:28:29 am by Blitzy »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 11:54:33 am »

Saw this thread and had to register. Been lurking for a long time now.  8)

I love this mod. I loved the original, and you guys pay it justice easily. Heck, you've IMPROVED the legend in multiplayer FPSs. Not many people can claim an achievement like that! Yet when I see this thread, and when I see the active number of players, I can't help but think GE:S isn't getting the attention it deserves. So I went round a few friends of mine, and got them to try it. They loved it too.

So then we introduced it to our gaming community, TDR. We really want to see this mod up there in the limelight. We BEGGED for, and we've been granted, a test server. If all goes well, we'll probably add several more to accomodate different game-modes.

On check we've got 400 active members, and Goldeneye Source just became the #1 thing around on the forum board. 20 people installed and began playing just last night alone. No complaints, only sheer lulz. ^_^ Hey, we get a good mod to play so you guys should get more players. Win/Win.

We aim to try and populate servers whenever possible by any means, so essentially, you'll now have an extra 15 players at any one time playing GE:S, at least once we've got it properly set up. Multiply that if we get 2-3 more servers. ;)

I really liked your server, had good ping all down the player list.

BUT NEXT TIME GET RCON!!! lol

With a little more server tweaks your server could be one of the best... as long as you get the damn RCON! (or install Mani-Mod, so you can Rcon through Mani ;)

Ever need any help ingame name is "MaJoR", or hit me up on Steam, or PM here.

Good to see more players!
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Blitzy

• Regular @ TDR
  • Agent
  • Blitzy has no influence.
    • TDRGaming.com
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 12:10:15 pm »

Ha ha, we've already got it! Though the higher-ups ain't giving anyone else admin access just yet, they wanna toy with it themselves and hog all the fun. Once they're done, they'll decide on other admins, meaning people can ask for gamemode switches, paintball on or off etc etc.

And glad you liked it. ;)

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 01:21:09 pm »

So then we introduced it to our gaming community, TDR.
Just be careful and remind your boys to not joke about dead people... Good to see more players, hope you guys will stick around until ges 3 is out :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 01:23:27 pm by Doc.NO »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up