GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 19, 2024, 01:13:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye Source Wiki  (Read 15135 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: GoldenEye Source Wiki
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 08:58:54 pm »

Except that the team would probably just respond "that information is not yet decided/availiable/ready-for-dissemination" and then we would go right back into "oh cool someone is fixing our messy wiki" mode.

Also, there isn't much reason to not use the wiki for WIP information.  Back when Xan was around and people here actually gave a shit about the wiki, we were using it for brainstorming, creating proposals, and hashing out what would and wouldn't work.  It's not like we're doing some super duper secret stuff, everyone who goes to GoldeneyeSource.com knows what we're doing: cloning Goldeneye.  The cat's out of the bag!  O SHI--
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 01:59:51 am »

I say go for it.
If anything really turned out to be that bad, it's fixable.

I don't see the hurt, so long as the information put into it is accurate, and there are no assumptions made.
Whatever gets the info out to the people.

...And I wish the forum didn't add the "Last Edit" thing if edited only 11 seconds after posting.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 02:02:23 am by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 06:35:05 am »

Ok, I should be working on my paper right now, but I believe that I deserve a break once and a while. While I'm on my break, I plan to edit some stuff on the Wiki.

I was also wondering if I could do an interview with the creator of the Facility map (Fourtecks according to the Wiki), some time next week. The information would help with the article on the Wiki, and we could also prepare it as a news update for ModDB, which in turn, might attract some new players to the scene. Some Devs might think down on the later idea, but I would still like to speak with Fourtecks, if just for the article anyway.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 12:53:43 am »

All Beta 3 content will be updated on the Wiki as the release draws near, stay tuned for further updates from Wake

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 01:03:53 am »

I've decided to listen to Wake, and make place holder pages. I've already make the Facility one as you can see here. I don't plan to change the images till Beta 3.

I'm made a new side panel for the information of the level, and I'd like some input on it.

Lastly, I plan to hold off on my intended interviews till the release of Beta 3, just in case some of the already released levels have been altered.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 01:11:58 am »

I like that side panel a lot better. It looks more clean and it's not just some small box thrown off to the side.

Edit: Look at the old panel on this page:

http://dev.goldeneyesource.com/wiki/index.php/Ge_egyptian

The text runs right into it, and it's awkwardly positioned on the page.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 01:17:31 am by Storm101 »

JcFerggy

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 01:19:17 am »

When I get back later, I plan to make a section at the bottom that links to all other maps. Currently I'm not sure if I'm going to include custom maps into the table, but it will be helpful for official ones.

JcFerggy

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 04:03:36 am »

I know most people frown upon double posting, but as I update more articles, this topic might turn into a blog of some sort.

Anyway, I have done the bottom table for the maps as you can see in my Facility update. I set it up as if it was the actual page, so if you click any links, you will be taken to the old articles. This just makes it easier when and if these will be used. I also assumed on some of the links, one being Caves Classic. I assume it will be made, but knowing how much people disliked it in the original, it might have been dropped.

I'd like some feedback before I proceed with the other articles. Maybe some people would prefer if I referred to the Trivia as Fun Facts like it is in the older one, or anything else that would help the article.

Lastly, when I get to the Egyptian article, I was wondering if I could split the development in to its own article. I know whoever made it spent a lot of time working on it, so it would be a shame to remove it for a more simplistic version. If people don't mind, I'll have a link to the full version, but still have the summary in the main section.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 04:50:07 am »

Yeah man looks better.

ive got some ideas how to further this and have you contribute even more if you are willing, im dealing with you via PM.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 05:18:01 am »

Found a 'lil typo; you put in "also 'know' as Facility". That should be a 'known'. :)

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 07:30:04 am »

Well change it kelly :P

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 07:49:42 am »

Don't forget interviews with the sound guys too. ;) We need to put together a revised soundtrack pack and reorganize that page. Maybe I'll do that.

EDIT: fix'd some spelling typos too (reins instead of reigns and envisioned instead of invisioned) ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 08:00:27 am by Audix »

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 02:58:02 am »

Make sure to always run a spell check :P.. No biggy, just in future updates.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 04:02:18 am »

when ever runway, streets, caverns, depot and polishing bunker come along, let me know ill give you my story!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

JcFerggy

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 03:33:14 am »

A few quick questions:

1. Is the Complex located in California?

The Wiki article for Ge_Complex_Classic says it is, but I have never heard this before, I can't seem to find any proof, and all the other multiplayer maps are Unknown (Except for Caves)

2. Is Caves located in Cuba?

It has been shown that Caves have been modeled after Jungle, which is in Cuba; but then again, no one has confirmed that they are in the same location. There are houses that look the same, but are in different towns; but that's getting too off topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up