GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 11:29:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 3?  (Read 61578 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 3?
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2009, 08:35:07 pm »

Weapons are loadout based.  However, a server owner can define custom sets, or just put it on the Random Weapons set, which rolls different weapons each round.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2009, 10:58:28 pm »

Just though that way it would seem fairer (is this how you spell it?). But as drukqaddik said, there should be weapon sets included in the next release.

I'm probably not the only one who hates spammers...

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2009, 11:03:41 pm »

"More fair" is how you spell it.  Compare, "funner" vs. "more fun."  Fairer is used to indicate "fair" in the context of gentle and pleasing, not "fair" in the context of equal and balanced.

Weapon sets are in.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 11:05:24 pm by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2009, 01:24:13 pm »

Thanks for the explanation about the adjective!

Though of another suggestion: old-school mode. Jumping would be disabled and if you go to aim mode, you would be able to move! probably a bit boring by today's standards, but it would be a faithful recreation of the original. It would have to be toggle able, and would go nicely with the "classic" version of the maps.

Of course it would be more directed to the hardcore fans of GE64.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 01:26:13 pm by PPK »

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2009, 06:06:21 pm »

Jumping is server-optional, you can walk slowly while sighted.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2009, 07:38:34 pm »

I know it you walk slowly when you are in aim mode; just though there could be a "setup" (dunno if that's the way you call it) with the options I mentioned already implemented, just some variables changed, that's all.

Ermac

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ermac has no influence.
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2009, 04:01:27 am »

I swear it takes 50 gazaillion hits to kill somebody that has body armor on. I hope beta 3 it dosen't take so many hits.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2009, 04:19:04 am »

Bear in mind that the armor is basically a second life meter.
It was like this in GE007, though I have never ran any experiments to see if the armor receives the same damage as your health. (In GE007 or GE:S)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2009, 04:20:05 am »

It will depend on your weapon and where you hit them.

RCP90 can kill a 100/100 with three bullets if you do it appropriately.  Of course, you could also take issue with your enemy's big toe and dump 57 rounds into it before that little piggy goes to graveyard.

Armor and Health have the same value. The only difference is that Armor can be replenished and is spent before health.

GES Alpha 1.0/1.1 used the HL2 system, which split damage between HP and AP.  Beta 3 uses the Goldeneye system.  I saw to that. You do know that my function on Goldeneye Source Team is specifically to be a nit-picking bastard about every detail that isn't like Goldeneye 007 that could be like Goldeneye 007, right?

Anyway, if you're curious about damage, hit the wiki's weapon pages. They are all updated to Beta 3 specs.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 04:24:33 am by Viashino Cutthroat »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2009, 05:48:52 am »

I saw to that. You do know that my function on Goldeneye Source Team is specifically to be a nit-picking bastard about every detail that isn't like Goldeneye 007 that could be like Goldeneye 007, right?

Been picking up on that.

*hits wiki*
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2009, 10:23:57 am »

I swear it takes 50 gazaillion hits to kill somebody that has body armor on. I hope beta 3 it dosen't take so many hits.

it takes 200 gazaillion rounds to kill anyone with the Klobb when they have body armor. so much nostalgia it hurts.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2009, 11:00:05 am »

Just walk up and slap 'em in the head. Same effectiveness, higher accuracy, and you don't waste any 9mm.

Blitzy

• Regular @ TDR
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Blitzy has no influence.
    • TDRGaming.com
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2009, 03:18:36 pm »

Knowing it's gonna be a little late to put into Beta 3, but could there be any way of selecting your model in the Multiplayer options rather than having to change it from the default every time you go into a new map?

landshark

« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2009, 04:07:23 pm »

In my opinion nothing bond is complete without a watch that can shoot a laser or have a garrote wire and if the watch was able to keep actual time that would make my day.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2009, 05:14:35 pm »

it takes 200 gazaillion rounds to kill anyone with the Klobb when they have body armor. so much nostalgia it hurts.

Hell yeah! Just like old days. If you slapped someone you'd kill him faster.

Now on to suggestions: the intro could be changed to make it look more like the original. The presentation of the characters at the sound of that awesome tune that played in the intro, but it would probably have to be remixed because of copyright issues and stuff like that.

This is more for Beta 4 or even for the final release; it might be a bit complicated to do it for Beta 3. Correct me if I'm wrong!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up