GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 22, 2024, 03:34:31 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 3?  (Read 61625 times)

Bissrok

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bissrok has no influence.
Re: [Dev's Ask Fans] What do you want in Beta 3?
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2008, 06:06:35 am »

You have to be aiming to bring up the crosshair. I have mine set to the Shift key.

Yeah, but he's saying that people are making their own, so that there's always a crosshair on the screen (even when they're not in aim mode). And, since that gives them an unfair advantage and most people like having them anyway, I think he wanted a permanent crosshair thrown in for everyone.

Personally, I don't really mind either way. But if most of the guns aren't going to be perfectly accurate (like I think I heard pistols were going to be less accurate, to prevent people from using them to snipe), I don't think it would be that big of a problem.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2008, 06:09:32 am »

The key thing is, because of the way damage works in Goldeneye, and now in GES 0.3, you will be better off using your sight and aiming for the head than dot-shotting at the chest and limbs.  Dot will really only be an advantage in LTK and people who play a lot of LTK don't even need the dot to pwn up.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2008, 12:10:29 pm »

There never will be a permanent crosshair in GES.

1. becourse it was like that in ge64
2. with some practice you can hit your target without any kind of crosshair allmost perfectly.

just watch where the bullet traces are going to.
The much bigger problem in the beta 1 and 1.1 is the Hitbox and no Lag compensation.
So you can play either on servers with really low ping, everything below 50 schould be almost perfect, or forward your aiming.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2008, 03:19:47 pm »

1 and 1.1 were fine. 2 was the one that was broken because Valve screwed up some of the prediction code that year. If your mod wasn't already replacing that code, you got punk'd.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2008, 04:39:43 pm »

1 was the only one to have the lag/hitbox glitch. I fixed it in 1.1 and 2.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2008, 08:46:04 pm »

Yeah, but he's saying that people are making their own, so that there's always a crosshair on the screen (even when they're not in aim mode). And, since that gives them an unfair advantage and most people like having them anyway, I think he wanted a permanent crosshair thrown in for everyone.

I know what he said.
The first part of his post was the lack of crosshair altogether.

Heh, I have 98 posts here and 198 on another as of now. ::)
[/random]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 08:49:24 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2008, 09:39:18 pm »

I would like the gas generator in Control to be able to explode and turn off the lights. Another thing would be to add the computer that Natalya runs to when you start the level on the 64.

Snowfreak

• Agent
  • Snowfreak has no influence.
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2008, 04:33:08 am »

1.)  Hit reg fixed (i hear all that kind of thing already is)

2.)  Living Daylights game mode (flag tag)...and any other awesome game modes.

3.)  Map: Cavern

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2008, 06:14:58 pm »

This has been asked before, but I thought about it in a little more detail.

- The ability to re-open doors as they are being closed. The thing I don't want is that ability to close doors as they are being open. I had a friend once who would close the doors in the Temple level as I was trying to open them, and It really pissed me off. Maybe a way that this could be handeled was that you could open and close your own doors, like if you opened a door, and after your in you want it closed, that would be okay, but if someone else tried to close the door you opened, they wouldn't be able to.

I'm not sure how complicated this would get, maybe the original GE64 way could be enables, but closing doors on people could be a rule, to the point of being banned?

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2008, 06:01:11 pm »

Being banned for closing doors that are being opened = BAD Idea.

Imagine the drama it would cause. I also bet half of the time the person being banned won't know what has happened to them, thinking they were doing something completely innocent. (I've done it before, unintentionally. eg. Two people at one door, each person is kind of taking turns pressing the use key.)

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

Bissrok

• Agent
  • Bissrok has no influence.
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2008, 06:06:13 pm »

More weapons.

The game's fun, but you can only play it for so long if you're using the same weapons over and over again.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2008, 06:27:39 pm »

How about a 3-trigger limit on doors?   If someone opens the door (1), it can be triggered to shut (2) once, and re-opened (3) but cannot then be closed again until it gets fully-opened.  That would allow re-triggering a door to buy time or take a position, but won't let two noobs have a drooling contest.

SDFprowler

• Agent
  • SDFprowler has no influence.
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2009, 10:26:09 am »

It needs to have as many sounds as close to the original 64 sounds as possible.  The maps have been done very well and hold a very strong nostalgia aspect to them, but I feel that it is vital for the sounds to actually sound like the original Goldeneye 64 game.. weapons fire, explosions, doors, glass breaking, etc.  Like someone else said, I want to forget that I'm playing a Half-Life Source mod.

eliteghost

• Agent
  • eliteghost has no influence.
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2009, 04:10:39 pm »

I'm sure someone already mentioned it but i want the bobbing head/hand to come back.
Also, can you guys let the sniper butt be a weapon like in GE64?
I'd also like more people playing the game (i don't know how you guys plan to do that but i could help).

One more thing, the golden gun is too strong, i keep getting pwned by it lol joking.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2009, 04:30:48 pm »

Bobbing isn't in yet, but it will probably come in when we get around to doing the breathing effect.
Rifle Butt is on the to-do list, but we need to get modelling busy on things like RL and GrenL, first.
I'll open up a box of noobs.

It's only 5000 damage. Get moar armor.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up