GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 28, 2024, 11:32:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Help-Need Walkthrough or a new brain  (Read 9894 times)

Robspace1

Please Help-Need Walkthrough or a new brain
« on: August 31, 2008, 08:03:01 am »

Ya know kids, gettin old's a b----- and these games get tougher as I get older. Today I tried many times to get Smod Tactical working and the Steam server said there was no servers available?! What's that all about. So, I get this game installed and it looks good. I've played many HL mods and this one looks really great. I got started and I find myself walking around the inside of this huge building (mosaleum?) picking up alot of weapons but seeing no way out. I think I have around 80 or so guns by now and I'm ready to go outside and start shooting. When does this happen and how do I get out of this place? It's a nice maze and was fun for the 1st hour but I have enough weapons now. Any help and any walkthrough links would be appreciated. Thanks Rob

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: Please Help-Need Walkthrough or a new brain
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 08:07:18 am »

You're probably in caves, the most beautiful map in the game, but also the most frustrating to navigate in and hardest to play. You can't get out, basically, you just walk around until you find someone to shoot. Remember that this game is a remake of GoldenEye 007 on the N64, you might want to check that out a bit before you play this mod, to understand how the game works.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Robspace1

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 12:08:56 pm »

Thanks SSL but I don't think these are caves. It's the very start of the game-It's the Source version and it starts with me in this big building. There is a big hole in the floor and lots of huge rooms and doors to go through with weapons and ammo in every room. I have seen nobody else. No enemies at all. There is a open skylight and I can see the sky and clouds but no door to the outside. Did this thing somehow load wrong ? How does this game begin?

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 03:01:12 pm »

It's the very start of the game
No enemies at all.
How does this game begin?

Huh, this is a multiplayer game :) No start, no end, nothing. No ennemies. Just players you might want to kill.

no door to the outside
Yeah. You can't go out. Nothing is loading wrong :)

lots of huge rooms and doors to go through with weapons and ammo in every room
Indeed. This is the game. You spawn, walk around the huge rooms, take a weapon and some ammo, then (try) to kill someone else before they kill you.

I have seen nobody else.
In the server browser, check the column "Players". It's always better to pick a server with one or more players.

HK

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • HK has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 03:07:46 pm »

lol it sounds like u havent installed the game properly or read what this mod is all about
its a mutiplayer mod only so far !! no walkthrough lol
u need sdk base installed to play this, just go to games then press the tools tab in steam to check what u have installed also theres two version that get played 1.0 and 1.1h find this on the forums or just google it
when wanting to join just right click on steam and select servers and refresh , just join whatever server u perfer
the mod Smod Tactical is only sp no mutiplayer for that

lol u beat me to it dr no n1

Robspace1

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 12:03:24 am »

Ok thanks-I thought it was single player mod.

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 04:43:10 am »

*stares for a minute
*lets is sink in...
*moves on...
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 09:01:50 am »

Robspace1

i recommend heading over to your local used video game shop, and picking up an old N64 and buying 4 controllers for it, and pickup a copy of golden eye 64.

then go play the game in single player for a day, after that call over 3 of your buddy's to play for the day, and i can promise you'll understand why we are doing this, and what this game is about better than reading anything online.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Robspace1

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 09:28:34 pm »

Thanks Spider-I already have Playstation with wireless controllers but never use it. I prefer the pc versions. I've beaten alot of the HL games so far and just thought this was another single player mod. Is this thing as good as Minerva or Substance? I prefer the puzzle type games over the run and gun themes. Also, I'm happy I gave some of the folks a laugh. That's what's lacking in alot of the mods-humor. One game has it, Dayhard. Fun HL mod. Anyway, thanks again, I'll check it out once it makes it to single player for pc.(and if you ever get tired of being shot it, play it the way I did. You never die, cause noone ever shows up! lol-tons of guns and ammo and not one enemy!)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:40:27 pm by Robspace1 »

Deed

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Deed has no influence.
    • HAHAHAHA; FACEBOOK!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 04:25:47 pm »

facepalm.jpg am I right guys

I once jerked off on facility with the m4 in my hand...

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 02:29:50 am »

or a new brain

I think he already knows what he wants/needs right in his title. Just like the scarecrow in the wizard of Oz except this one got eaten by the crows...

EDIT:
LOCKED, this thread is just too retarded for anymore rebuttal
Pages: [1]   Go Up