GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 29, 2024, 07:20:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hit Box problem  (Read 8884 times)

MichaelCr

Hit Box problem
« on: August 12, 2008, 03:11:16 pm »

I was curious if there was any word on when the Hit boxes would be fixed. I really like this game takes me back to N64 days lol and I want to tell my friends to play it. But I have trouble encouraging people to play this game with such a game hindering flaw. And there is the fact that the most people I have seen online this week is 10 all together across all the servers. And thats because they all left the game due to this same problem.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
Re: Hit Box problem
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 04:05:17 pm »

I was curious if there was any word on when the Hit boxes would be fixed.
In the next version. When it'll be out...

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 04:56:34 pm »

Id suggest no one promote GE:S atm, its just wasted excitement if you want a great gaming experience.

Just wait til the new GE:S is launched, then go nuts whoring it around

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:42:16 pm »

I think that's garbage...the game fucking rocks. The hit detection isn't the best but if you quit or continually get your ass kicked it's because you're poor at the game, plain and simple.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 10:36:29 pm »

I think that's garbage...the game fucking rocks. The hit detection isn't the best but if you quit or continually get your ass kicked it's because you're poor at the game, plain and simple.
Have to agree with wake. Since a year, you only find hard core gamers that rape noobies, and noobies that are raped by regulars.
Noobies are leaving because they're tired of being raped, and regular get frustrated by the glitches of the game.
NO, the game does not fucking rocks... look at the VERY low player base. Only my opinion though :)

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 04:50:11 am »

Well, I dont play mario 64 anymore, neither do my friends....but i know its still a badass game. Im going to just throw this out there, but Im also assuming most people that are drawn to this game come from a ge64 background, which = older ages, school, work, & life to deal with.

What I've come to realize is that people will bitch no matter what, if it's not one thing...it's another.

Shaken not Stirred

• 00 Agent
  • Shaken not Stirred is looked down upon.
    • FP.tk
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 08:56:08 pm »

Have to agree with wake. Since a year, you only find hard core gamers that rape noobies, and noobies that are raped by regulars.
Noobies are leaving because they're tired of being raped, and regular get frustrated by the glitches of the game.
NO, the game does not fucking rocks... look at the VERY low player base. Only my opinion though :)
This is too true.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 09:57:42 pm »

What I've come to realize is that people will bitch no matter what, if it's not one thing...it's another.
Have to agree with you on that.
I'm myself not too annoyed by the hit box glitch; it just need some leading target.
But I'm annoying by the non-regulars that give up because either they're raped or think regulars cheat, and thus leave the game.

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 08:29:48 pm »

This happens especially when someone plays on its own server like me for example on my server I have a lot less difficult to play on the server WNx. The plays I just moin moin in on my server because people think I cheat. This is normal, my ping is better on my server to another and this is for everyone. Forget not that the server WNx belong to B@dPlayer. Watch out. XD
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 09:24:35 pm »

Yeah I can't even play on my server for the sake of other people, my ping on my server is 5ms and others are like 80-100ms. So can't even play on there till I move it, cause people can't kill me, but I can kill super easy, mostly cause I have zero lag.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 09:29:01 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

fonfa

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • fonfa has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 08:52:16 pm »

oh well, all those stuff are gonna be taken care of, dont worry
[01:22 PM] fourtecks: YOU NEED ME HARD

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 01:57:09 am »

we're just keep on keepin on
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?
Pages: [1]   Go Up