GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 02:43:43 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2  (Read 8649 times)

oosh

Team Fortress 2
« on: August 06, 2008, 07:44:18 am »

So I was wondering could it be possible to use these levels in TF2? I'd love to play the facility as a control point map. I'm fairly new to making source maps, having just started today.

Has anyone done this yet? And if not, how would I go about doing it?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Team Fortress 2
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 01:35:02 pm »

Not possible unless you put TF2 entities in it (game manager, spawn points, etc)

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 02:06:30 pm »

I think not, but maybe there is there any software to do it!
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 04:23:52 pm »

It's never that easy, even porting maps from GES alpha to beta will need some "hammering" and this is the same engine.
Sure you can simply throw it them into your maps-folder but certain things like weaponspawns or ladders won't work.
Now imagine you wanna port a DM map from a EP1 game to well TF2.

So the easiest way to have a GE map in TF2 is to start from scratch with it, coz you'll need another size for doors, windows etc. and you'll also need other textures to fit the style of the game.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 04:35:24 pm »

Indeed, facilty is too narrow and not suitable for TF2.

I mean, imagine a sniper in facility (forgetting the place with the silos) ? And the spies ::)?

I personally think that this is a bad idea, sorry.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 07:31:13 pm »

TF2 is based on 16u/foot, previous games were based on 12u/foot, so the scale would indeed be very wrong.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

oosh

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 08:43:29 pm »

oh okay. So facility wouldn't work with tf2, but it would work with games like half-life deathmatch, right?

and are there any goldeneye levels that would work well for tf2? The dam, maybe? Surface?

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 09:14:34 pm »

Think of a map that will help all classes. Not a map too open or too narrow.

I think that depot would be perfect.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 10:20:00 pm »

Either way if you are going to port over ANY level, you need the creator's permission. Especially if you are going to be mangling it for another mod/game.

oosh

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 10:26:59 pm »

really? even if I'm not making money off it?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 10:49:56 pm »

Absolutely, according to US Copyright law a person's intellectual property (eg their map creation or whatever) is "owned" by them as soon as they make it even if it is not published or sold. That means you need their permission to use it in your own work. It is also VERY COMMON courtesy in this MOD business to ask and not assume.

oosh

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 10:10:07 pm »

oh okay then

I've decided to try and make a HL Deathmatch level out of facility instead of TF2, so I should ask the guy who made it. Anyone know how to contact him?

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 01:19:13 am »

If you are going to take someone else's hard work, it is common courtesy to ask them first. 

Facility and most of the props in it were made by Fourtecks.

http://forums.goldeneyesource.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:21:39 am by Konrad Beerbaum »
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Shaken not Stirred

• 00 Agent
  • Shaken not Stirred is looked down upon.
    • FP.tk
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 10:04:04 am »

Why would you anyway? It wouldn't fit the game at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up