GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:21:33 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update: March 2008  (Read 90992 times)

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: GES Update: March 2008
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 09:27:50 pm »

um..why is there a Janus logo in the runway??? Janus came after that, not before.
third image, on the left building.

oh shit lol, i thought i deleated that

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 09:56:53 pm »

Come on admit it, changing the name from beta 1.5 to 3 is because you are tired of people asking 'When will 1.5 be released?'  ;D

Oh yeah...

*changes sig*

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 10:24:07 pm »

Looking good, can't wait for the next release!  ;D

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 11:15:14 pm »

After thinking about what you guys are now going to do, I have come to the conclusion that this is probably the best choice you guys could have ever made. Not only does it bring stuff out a lot more often, but it keeps the community interested and starts you guys on a fresh turf. I am a big fan. Now my only worry is that these "monthly installments" will be consistent. I know you guys can do it :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 11:50:58 pm »

Teh $1 question... Does everybody, in the dev team, agree on this way to release content? If not, are we sure the whole dev team will follow this way and not change plans again?
VERY GOOD news

the biggest reason why we have had to change around the way we wanted to do releases, is because of the timing that valve had with the orange box SDK. we talked with them about what they thought their release schedule would be for the orange box sdk, and they said it would be best for us to try and shoot for a release.  we were trying to balance things so that we could get a release out before the SDK came out. but then the SDK came out when we had started cleanup. after that we said "why clean it up if we have to recode it anyway" so to save time we all decided its best to just switch over.

and yes the whole team is pretty much on board for this release schedules type. we probably wont hype up our first couple of releases until we have a solid set of content and we can call it beta 4 or something like that. they we will do our big rock star release, we want to get the community involved in our working process of testing the game. so we have our internal testing with our bomb ass beta testing team. get thing stable internally then let it out to you guys to let us know how the game feels, your kind of going to be our focus groups.  then once the game gets past beta 1.1 levels we can jam it out to promote big time and hopefully get the game into as many peoples hands as we can.

thanks for stickin with us guys and believing that we weren't dead. we have to many crazy devs that will never leave the project no matter what happens haha.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 07:10:10 pm »

I am not sure what you devs wanted to do, but would it be a good idea to put this on the front page where the September 2007 update is or are you going to keep this under wraps for a while?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 07:14:52 pm »

I already changed the html, I am waiting for Scott to upload the changes. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 08:48:01 pm »

doesn't tecks have webpage access?
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

nowhere

• 00 Agent
  • nowhere has no influence.
    • Janus Syndicate
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2008, 09:00:39 pm »

Who has ModDB access? I have a whole whackload of sites that I'm going to send this to tonight but I don't have ModDB posting access so I can't link it to GE:S.

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 01:23:43 am »

I just got Moddb access, I'm waiting for the front page to be updated before I post the update.  Please wait until the front page is updated before you send it out. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

nowhere

• 00 Agent
  • nowhere has no influence.
    • Janus Syndicate
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 03:26:06 am »

Yeah, I was already waiting for that to happen. Remember to tone down the amount of words when you submit it to ModDB, as they won't put anything too wordy on their front page.

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2008, 07:23:06 am »

Is there any possibility that you could mention the 1.1h patch so that people start playing until you guys release? Maybe even on the front page?

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 01:10:03 pm »

thanks for stickin with us guys and believing that we weren't dead. we have to many crazy devs that will never leave the project no matter what happens haha.
Who's believe ur dead here? No one! :P But, huh, the last official release has been in 2006... Can't blame people to be sick of the lack of new content.

Quote from: Doc.NO
But what with that Bond skin? It looks unpersonnal and far away from the original!
Omg, i realise I was rude here. John, your skin is amazing. Hairs looks so real. But, you can't stick an anonymous face on a body with a black suit and say "it's Bond!". Closer to the original please.

Is there any possibility that you could mention the 1.1h patch  Maybe even on the front page?
This means that the GES Team will not support this patch at all and takes no responsibility for it. Support for it will be in this thread only.
and check the WIKI.

Jace_C88

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2008, 01:13:25 pm »

Sweet.

I've been trying so hard to get more people to play this... Even mentioning www.goldeneyesource.com during Call of Duty 4 matches....

Can't wait for the next release.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2008, 05:21:58 pm »

Is there any possibility that you could mention the 1.1h patch so that people start playing until you guys release? Maybe even on the front page?

I have told them if they want the code they can have it. Maybe rename it to 1.2 and release that? Pimpinjuice if you have time could you build a linux so file that works. Please
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up