GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 09:52:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Improvment Suggestions  (Read 6000 times)

Jono-666-

Improvment Suggestions
« on: December 09, 2007, 08:16:44 pm »

Hey developers! I just tried your mod the other day for the first time, and i was really impressed  :o The models, textures weapons, maps, everything is so well done. I realize the game is still in beta and is constantly being upgraded and patched, but i'd like to add my two cents into a couple of things that i think would make the game even better. To point out what i love about the game already and some things i think would be cool.

Pros:

-Amazing mapping, taking the old maps and redesigning them in a modern more improved way on the source engine
-Incredible soundtrack. Lots of energy, nostalgic hearing the old tunes remastered. Captures the bond essence.
-The game is fun and extremly playable without too many problems
-Sound effects are amazing

Improvements:

-I'd like to see more of the arsenal from the original game. (although im sure you guys are working on that)

-A quickswitch feature would be nice for switching between two weapons fast. (good for remote mines instead of franticly scrolling through your inventory to find the detonator.)

-Remote mines need to do more damage. The player needs to be able to throw them faster and quickly be able to switch to the detonator more efficiently. (So far i find the mines to be almost useless because they're slow and dont do much damage.)

-Maybe change the RMB to a secondary function, ie: -Pistol whip for the ppk
                                                                        -Scoped mode for some of the long distance rifles

*I think that would intensify the gameplay and make for more bare knuckle Bond style slugfest in close combat, and also give players a better experience for sniping and taking long distance shots.

-Possibly have a "change rate of fire" button for some guns that fire in singleshot, burst or full auto. The system youve got now works good however, so this change could be over looked easilly. I understand you dont want to bog the player down with too many controls.

-AKIMBO WEAPONS! ;D love to be able to hold 2 guns at once.

-When making an online game, alow the host to choose what weapons he wants to spawn in the map. ie: a list of all the weapons available with boxes next to them you can check off if you want certain weapons in the game or not, so that you can have a server playing with pistols only, or knives only etc.

-Increased damage for the sniper rifle, but with a longer recharge time after each shot fired to balance it out

-Improve some of the weapon models. Some of them feel dated like the sniper rifle for example. Its a good reproduction of the one from the original game, but it sorta loooks a bit lame, maybe that could be moderized slighty? but not a huge issue.

UMMm ok, i think thats about it. To reiterate, i relize you're all still working hard to make the game better, and youve probably thought about alot of the issues ive put forth already. You're either working to implement some of them or have decided to not add some others for whatever reasons, but i'd just like to say that whatever the outcome, you guys are doing a great job so keep up the good work ;D

Jono-666-

Re: Improvment Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 08:26:17 pm »

Ahh me again, i forgot to add a few things...

-More gameplay modes ie: capture the flag, king of the hill, maybe some other unique gameplay mode specific to your mod.

-A single player would be amazing although i know thats alot to ask. I know i'd buy it though :D! that would be amazing.

-Multiple crosshair options

-Maybe some more environmental effects, fire, smoke, destruction (although hard to do, and can make people lag..so nevermind)

uhhh and yeah i think thats it. I might be back later with more if ive forgot anything again. This round of proposed changes is a little less vital, but i thought i'd post them never the less.

please comment or critique any suggestions ive made (this goes out to the developers AND general community) and feel free to add your own! :D

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
Re: Improvment Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 08:30:12 pm »

Okay let me answer your questions

1. Fast switch go to keyboard advanced and enable fast weapon switch.(right click when remote mines are out it will switch to your watch too btw)
2. That is a balancing and a canon issue balance will be revamped when all guns are in game.
3. We are keeping the gun functions canon.
4. Akimbo is in the works atm, we aren't going to be allowing mix and match with different guns because it would require a lot of balancing to make them fair.
5. It wasn't like this in ge64 so it won't be in ges
6. Weapon load outs are being coded in and a small system is in the beta but it isn't the final system.
7. We modeled the guns after the real life counterparts, so of course they are going to look different, 50 poly's compared to 1500+ ploy's we get to add in a lot more detail then what rare did.
8. Game modes are being coded in whether or not more will be in the next release depends on how stable they are.
9. We don't know about single player yet.
10. We want to keep the cross hair canon to ge64.
11. Particle effects and rolling explosions we are working on and will be in the final release for sure.

I hope these help
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 08:33:01 pm by Ryan [Saiz] »
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha
Pages: [1]   Go Up