• Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 6515 times)

jintawk

Hello!
« on: December 06, 2007, 04:45:40 pm »

Hello, I just this minute registered to the forum, just thought I'd say a couple of things.

I played GE:S about a year ago near the release of Beta 1, and was very impressed. Back then I was only looking at screenshots of the things like the new health and weapons that are now in the game, I'm glad to see the mod still progressing. The classic maps in particular are unbelievable, and some of the pictures Ive seen in the gallery look up to the same standards. Congratulations.

So mainly this post is just to congratulate the GE:S team, and I really hope you keep up the great work.

But also there are a couple of things that I would like to see in the game, which people have probably suggested 100 times before, but just in case they haven't.. And if this post is offensively familiar and boring then I apologise in advance.

I think the aim mode has made it the game too easy. If you jump and press the manual aim button in the air you are consequentially moving at full speed whilst having a crosshair on the screen. Which kinda feels like cheating. I'm sure its something thats in the pipeline but the jumping should definitely be taken out completely in my opinion. As the work you've done to recreate the n64 version shouldn't be spoilt by little details. I also think you should not be able to move at all whilst in aim mode (except for the little side steps you can do strafing left and right alike the original, although I imagine that would be difficult). And there certainly should be a lot of "crosshair wobble"! especially on weapons with a zoom. I think its a very important thing to include to recreate the n64 version. Also the concept of a PC FPS with no crosshair is absolutely brilliant in my opinion, not only would this be a great recreation, but also a great game.. getting good at aiming without a crosshair mode is a really fun thing to do, so it needs to be clear that: "aiming without the sights > manual aiming"

Hip hip hurray GE:S team. :)

Jintawk

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 05:57:39 pm »

Good of you to come back. If you haven't already, checkout the 1.1e/f patches. They've added in some good fixes.

With regards to some of the suggestions you proposed. Jumping can be taken off by servers if they feel it's necessary. I, however, would never want jumping to go away now. I remember always being pissed in the 64 version because i couldnt jump onto crates, etc. I like the idea of recreating the original, all the while changing little things that need to bring the gameplay to the year 2007. It's a faster fps now, and I think both jumping and the aim mode work out for the better. Plus, learning to put your target in the center of the screen isn't really that hard.  :P  ;D

So I guess for me it's: manual + no-sights > maunal alone

Hope to see you in the servers sometime

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
Re: Hello!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 12:58:59 am »

I also think you should not be able to move at all whilst in aim mode (except for the little side steps you can do strafing left and right alike the original, although I imagine that would be difficult).

Hey, you and me both. Trust me, this, among many other things, has been debated back and forth internally many times. The nice thing about working on a mod is that we always have the ability to tweak things until we feel they're right, so what you play now may not be the same in future updates.

Anyway, thanks for the support, glad you've enjoyed the mod!
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
Pages: [1]   Go Up