GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 07:28:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta 1.1 Unofficial Patch  (Read 139426 times)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: blog 04-12-07 [Beta 1.1a ***unofficial*** patch]
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2007, 07:50:01 am »

Lodle,

After doing some more testing. I found that it only crashes when the round is played all the way through and the server changes the map for you. If you do an RTV, it wont crash. I don't know if that helps at all. I am going to go test your 1.1G and see if it is fixed, if it is, I will come back and say so.

Lax

EDIT: So will this fix the problem even if I play on a 1.1f server. Is the error client side or will I have to wait for the servers to put 1.1g on? Thanks Lodle
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 07:55:06 am by bklax23 »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2007, 08:25:10 am »

DUDE! YOUR ARE A SAVIOR!! It works perfectly. Now we just need to have the servers update so everything is perfect. I will spread the word that everything is stable now. I am really impressed lodle, you released a fix within 5 hours of my post. You are amazing. Thank you very much. You have great skill.

Lax

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2007, 09:29:40 am »

Servers have been upgraded to 1.1g....

Great job lodle!

Edu

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2007, 05:50:15 pm »

1,1g is only client side fix (using a pointer with out checking it first crash) so servers dont need to be upgraded (but they should to keep inline with clients). Let me know of any more show stopping bugs.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 06:16:31 pm by Mark [lodle] »

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2007, 06:49:20 pm »

Oh well, I am running the servers off the 1.1g patch anyway. It almost seems as if performance increased serverside with the new patch, as well helping it to ping lower.

Great job, now it's really time to get the word out..  :P

Edu

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2007, 08:26:27 pm »

Alright people it's the weekend!! Time to download the patch so we can get some good games going the next few days....

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2007, 11:01:36 pm »

Small bug well its kind of huge if your a fan of team games. Team games work fine except both of the teams names are in RED so you cannot distinguish your team mate from an enemy unless you have time to read the names...by that time your dead :). Another little task for you master Lodle.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2007, 11:28:22 pm »

OMFG, played a lot the last version today: dude! what a SUPER work here.

A little bug: no green watch anymore in spec mode :(

And linux .so seems to be broken :(
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 11:33:35 pm by Doc.NO »

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2007, 12:58:40 am »

Small bug well its kind of huge if your a fan of team games. Team games work fine except both of the teams names are in RED so you cannot distinguish your team mate from an enemy unless you have time to read the names...by that time your dead :). Another little task for you master Lodle.

You have to actually look at who youre shooting at now...but yea, if youre far away I guess I could see how this is a problem. Luckily friendly fire is turned off.  ;D

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2007, 02:12:01 am »

Great way to kill the time until an official release.  Great job Lodle and DLT :D

* Only problem is that I can't see chat in-game, but I can see it fine in the console.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 02:28:00 am by mbsurfer »

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2007, 04:37:41 am »

Dunno if its the result of the bug fix, but the guns are stationnary now.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2007, 05:07:09 am »

Ok specs are not ment to have the new scoreboard cause it looks silly. Guns dont rotate (this was not done by me, think scott added it in). Thought i fixed the name thing. It should be red for janus and blue for mi6, so if your on janus enemy names are blue and mi6 its red.

Yeah linux was a bitch to compile. Ill try again this week end to recompile them.

mbsurfer try deleting config.cfg in gesbeta1_1\cfg

Thxs to Doc.NO a installer has been made now. :P
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 05:56:41 am by Mark [lodle] »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2007, 07:58:31 am »

MOAR PLAYERS /wants goldeneye source pwnage

now that i got my 8600GT card my frames are perfect for GE:S i get no slow down even with high settings on Cradle and ping doesnt seem to make a difference to gameplay with this patch coz i just nailed a guy with 3 pp7 shots unaimed from long range hahaha.

Seems all that cleaned up prediction code nonsense cleared things into a better-than-alpha-state.

In other words get fucking playing coz wake is going to pwnzor and needs fresh meat!

WNxSauron

• Agent
  • WNxSauron has no influence.
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2007, 02:26:49 pm »

btw, what happend to the round timer? do i have to rely on "timeleft", to see if its worth joining in on the massacre now?  someone said it had moved to the scoreboard, i cant seem to find the sexy little thing though.

And all players still had red names when we tried TDM before  :P

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2007, 02:52:05 pm »

Ok round timer is moved to the scoreboard, if you dont have the new one with a green back ground then something went screwy with the patch or you have an old version and should install the newest one.

Can you also please take a Screen shot of the names and ill have a look into it.

Also due to Doc.No not telling me he didnt include all the files before, the first version of the exe install was missing the key files. Please redownload it and run it again (only upgrade this time).

Oh and in tdm all mi6 players are bond and all janus players are the Russian dude.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 04:46:20 pm by Mark [lodle] »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up