GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 08:22:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Almost 1 year since Beta 1  (Read 14456 times)

Rupan

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rupan is looked down upon.
Almost 1 year since Beta 1
« on: December 02, 2007, 12:10:42 pm »

This Christmas will roughly (what was it like 3 or 4 days of havoc when it didnt happen) mark the 1 year anniversary of Beta 1. Are you guys planning on a big update the same as last year? Just curious sorry if this was already announced I havent been around the forums I guess since it moved into Beta 1. Either way, great year for you guys heres hoping the next will be just as prosperous if not more so.

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
Re: Almost 1 year since Beta 1
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 06:21:29 pm »

Sorry, we aren't ready to announce anything yet. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 07:06:07 pm »

^^ he beat me to it

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 09:47:21 pm »

I just recently found this community, so I don't know all the details of what really went down. To be honest, I've never really met the guy, but maybe something should be released in memory of Nickster. Seems like, if for any reason, something should be released for him.

I don't know, just my two cents...

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 02:14:50 am »

hahha! That was probably the funniest thing I have read all day. hehe

Dan

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 02:22:13 am »

I just recently found this community, so I don't know all the details of what really went down. To be honest, I've never really met the guy, but maybe something should be released in memory of Nickster. Seems like, if for any reason, something should be released for him.

I don't know, just my two cents...

Beta 1's release was after Nick's death. What happened is terrible but work still continues.
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham

Rupan

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 04:37:33 pm »

actually, all they have really shown is models and artwork. And while it helps to recreate the original Im the kind of person that cares more about engine updates and tweaks to the combat. Thats the main reason I dont check to often on the forums, I typically just go, "Looks great now how are some of those weird glitches coming along?". Also, typically when someone says:

"We aren't announcing anything yet"

it means they have hopes for something but dont want to announce it till they are sure. Albeit, thats what it means in the normal Commercial/PR world. And given that last year there was a ton of fall out from them missing the date by 4 days and I think I remember them saying something along the lines of "Never again will we have a release date" it wouldnt be surprising if they took this stance.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 03:27:33 am »

We're not going to argue about stuff the public is unable see :)  it just ends up a hollow and uninformed debate. Anybody who wants to think it's dead can think what they want, it really has no effect on production, and you can just pick it up when we release. Being a jerk, however, is unjustified and unnecessary.
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Slob

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 11:32:58 am »

So a declining community does not affect production at all?
Interesting.

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 08:04:11 pm »

So a declining community does not affect production at all?
Interesting.

Not actual production, however it does result it a decline in qualified applicants. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Slob

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 05:34:40 pm »

Well it's good if you manage to keep the spirit up! :)

Rupan

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 02:52:15 am »

Being a jerk, however, is unjustified and unnecessary.

Im sorry are you saying Im being a Jerk? Im not sure how what I said could be interpreted as that. If anything I am defending your stance on not putting out a date after what happened last year and the rushed feel of it.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 03:29:39 am »

No there were some posts that were deleted for being jerks, and now our posts are poorly lined up, haha
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

jos

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 05:00:10 am »

Lets see, you release nothing for a year, havent posted an update in months, wont give any indication of when anything will be released and stifle any questions about whats going on because youre "not going to discuss it..."

Basically youre saying to the community "we dont care about you" and when someone calls you on it you delete their posts and call them jerks.

I have a slightly different view of who the self absorbed jerks are here. This mod may not be dead yet but you sure seem to want it to be or you just dont realize you need actual people for it to be successful. Right now youre driving them off almost as if you like it.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 05:03:16 am »

No he was originally referring it to shaken not stirred's post not yours. His post has been deleted because it was completely irrelevant and yes he was being a jerk. Loaf was not directing anything towards you or anyother fan or community member. Shaken has the reputation to not be very helpful sometimes.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up