GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 22, 2024, 01:28:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems loading the game...  (Read 6762 times)

raskit

Problems loading the game...
« on: November 12, 2007, 04:54:24 pm »

I can't play GE:S, when the game loads it gets past the GE logo and 'memory' screen, flashes up the main title screen with loading in the corner for a second or two and then dies. It closes window with no error message or anything, simply kicks me back to the desktop.

I had a look around the forums and some people have been having a similar problem but with error messages following the window closing, I tried all the fixes for those problems but nothing has helped me :(. My video drivers are up to date and so is windows...any ideas?

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: Problems loading the game...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 09:07:15 pm »

Most likely you have the latest version of SDK. I had to open my SDK for it to update. Might want to make sure that is up to date...but I am guessing that if you are able to get into the game, it is probably working. Worth a try anyway. Secondly, if that doesn't work, I would try re-downloading the mod from a different location on the web and reinstalling fresh. Make sure you delete all the files in the sourcemods folder. That might solve your problem. Let me know how it goes.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

raskit

Re: Problems loading the game...
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 03:20:53 am »

I've sorted the problem, I install the Source SDK and it seemed to work after that, I thought I only needed SDK Base. Dam is this game awesome :P.
Pages: [1]   Go Up