GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 22, 2024, 12:36:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: steam and WN players-whats yourc experience  (Read 24446 times)

HK

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • HK has no influence.
steam and WN players-whats yourc experience
« on: September 28, 2007, 10:06:03 pm »

hi all
one thing thats been pissing me off is steam
a week or so ago i could see GE;S servers on the desktop in the server menu i thought cool about time but since then i keeps going back to only CSS and HL2 DM (i dont have it installed i dont see why it showns up?
i only have CSS and GES for mp
if someone says xfire well i have that already and its no good for me

the other thing thats been bothering me now when i play is these WN players and a few others usally they have a ping over 100-150 and am normally under 40-60
  its like they have a laggy bubble around them as soon as i get close to them  "its like no chance in hell " ,it afects my mouse and control of my player more my aiming its like it gets stuck
 it happens ONLY WHEN THERE ON
the things that they would do  are throwing mines like there nades  which is unfair but they do it anyway
 they are the only ones doing this (there server too)
take a lot more damage than normal to die (i know armor ) or just crazy avoiding - bs jumping higher than normal and when they die sometimes there body would shoot up -just die ffs
its annoying like hell
they might get a few kills on me(with that throwing nades/zmg bs but i come back just put them down)  but soon as i start getting on a killing spree  it  will be me that starts to get more kills in and win 8)

i  does any know any more about the next release ::)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: steam and WN players-whats yourc experience
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 10:21:46 pm »

They might be rate jacking.  As far as the GES crew goes, there are a few good guys on WNx, but many of them make stooges of themselves with boorish and disrespectful behavior toward other players and other clans.

They banned me for "hacking" a couple times, then they asked me to join.  That says something.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

HK

• Agent
  • HK has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 11:07:21 pm »

rate jacking   ???

what did u do for them to say ur hacking ???

i think there French

anyone having the same problem with steam on desktop i can`t select GES in filters in servers >:(
desktop-steam-servers only css and hl2dm - weird it worked fine the other day

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 11:19:29 pm »

Rate jacking is setting your data rates to make it look like you lag, jerk around, and become harder to hit consistently.  It's lame and annoying.

I kept beating up noobies on their server with throwing knives.  Noobies complained that I was hacking because I would stick them through slightly opened doors or throw a knife down a hall and then watch them walk into it.

Silo20 (spelling?) is French, I don't know if any others are.  He seemed pretty cool.  We chatted a few times when the server was dead.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 03:47:57 am »

Wnx are fine in my view

its Sil20 and hes monster to play on 400 ping, most the WN are hard for me to verse.

WNxVirtualMark

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WNxVirtualMark has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 06:24:07 am »

the other thing thats been bothering me now when i play is these WN players and a few others usally they have a ping over 100-150 and am normally under 40-60
  its like they have a laggy bubble around them as soon as i get close to them  "its like no chance in hell " ,it afects my mouse and control of my player more my aiming its like it gets stuck
 it happens ONLY WHEN THERE ON
the things that they would do  are throwing mines like there nades  which is unfair but they do it anyway
 they are the only ones doing this (there server too)
take a lot more damage than normal to die (i know armor ) or just crazy avoiding - bs jumping higher than normal and when they die sometimes there body would shoot up -just die ffs
its annoying like hell
they might get a few kills on me(with that throwing nades/zmg bs but i come back just put them down)  but soon as i start getting on a killing spree  it  will be me that starts to get more kills in and win 8)

i  does any know any more about the next release ::)

Okay.  First of all, the rates have nothing to do with my (and other people's) higher ping.  Our official EU server (the one that I've seen you most on) has default rates set, as far as I know.  I am from the US, and this was on a EU server, so of course I'm going to have a higher ping than you.  Sorry, but there isn't anything I can do about it besides play on a US server.  I don't always have this luxury, since there is usually only one server with people on it at a time, given that the game has a fairly small number of players.

Second, I don't see how throwing mines like 'nades is unfair.  This trick was present in the original Goldeneye, too.  Yes, mines are deadly when thrown in this fashion, but it requires a good deal of skill to do so properly.  You have to have perfect timing to get a kill.  If you blow them up too early, you risk killing yourself (and believe me, this has happened to me plenty of times).  Too late, and the mine will have flown past your opponent.  It's especially hard to use remote mines in wide open areas, as well.  Additionally, it's all too easy to accidently switch to the watch while doing this trick.  If this happens, you're a sitting duck.  It's not like proxy mines, where you can just set them and get a cheap kill without having to do anything other than remembering where you placed them.

Now, the extra-high jumping.  This is easy to do actually, you simply have to crouch before you jump.  I have to admit, I think this is kind of weird too, it very well may be a glitch.  If so, perhaps it will be for the better if it is fixed in the next beta.

And "taking a lot more damage than normal to die"... this happens to me too, and to everyone else that plays the game.  The hit register in the beta is very glitchy, so shots will often not register (this is particularly a problem with LTK enabled).  I will admit, the problem seems to be greater when players with high ping are present, but it is still an issue even if everyone has low latency.  Again, there is nothing that can be done about this until it is fixed.

Concerning Steam... yeah, that does seem a bit weird.  I checked, and it works fine for me.  Often uninstalling and reinstalling the game fixes these kind of problems, no idea if it will in this case.  If you decide to try this, be sure to back up all of your maps, as it's a real pain to have to download all of the custom maps again.

EDIT: Now I have the same problem with the server filter.  It seems to like to show only 2 games at a time, for whatever reason.  Before it was showing CSS and GE:S, now it's showing CSS and Garry's Mod.  Yet another reason why I don't like Steam :(

ANOTHER EDIT: Another thing I will admit is that players do spawn with mines too often on B@d's server.  I'll talk to him and see if the frequency of spawning with mines can be turned down.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 01:19:30 pm by WNxVirtualMark »

WNxBIGBIRD

• Agent
  • WNxBIGBIRD has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 01:31:25 pm »

Well I myself was on the server at this time aswell as a few others and I have to say that I do not see how this is unfair. How can some one complain about another player's ping if hes NA. We can't help if we have a ping over 100. And I don't see how the mine trick is unfair just cause most people don't know how to do it. It takes a lot of skill as Mark said. I can't really help you with steam, but I do think that you should not just flame us for winning and doing fancy tricks. If you don't like us, leave the server and play with other people. Thats all I have to say on the matter.

Lággy

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 01:45:27 pm »

Haha, you are funny HK. It seems like you doubt anyone who is better then you.

WNxVirtualMark

• Agent
  • WNxVirtualMark has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 02:24:17 pm »

Didn't really pay too much attention to this earlier, but rereading HK's second post I noticed this comment...

i think there French

What does this have to do with anything?  I don't see what this has to do with anything else you have posted.  If you must know, yes, there are a few people from France in our section, and at least one of them is very unhappy with you for making that comment.

WNxBIGBIRD

• Agent
  • WNxBIGBIRD has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 02:28:14 pm »

Exactly^^ It doesn't matter where you are from or what your nationality is. The point is that you are basically flaming WN players for playing better than you. I really don't see what the point of this topic is.

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 03:51:16 pm »

LoL I love the bitching. GES is glitchy as hell get used to it. You get owned ? get used to it, even with a fix im sure that fact will stay the same. HK i've seen you in game from time to time and all you do is complain, maybe you should just chill and wait for a stable release to come out. I bet you a cookie and 2 apples you still complain though  ;)

Viashino you got cable yet ? I do miss those old times.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 03:53:42 pm by UnKnown-Pain »

HK

• Agent
  • HK has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 04:40:47 pm »

Viashino Cutthroat---
"Rate jacking is setting your data rates to make it look like you lag, jerk around, and become harder to hit consistently.  It's lame and annoying.

I kept beating up noobies on their server with throwing knives.  Noobies complained that I was hacking because I would stick them through slightly opened doors or throw a knife down a hall and then watch them walk into it.

Silo20 (spelling?) is French, I don't know if any others are.  He seemed pretty cool.  We chatted a few times when the server was dead.""

this rate jacking sounds really dirty if that is what it is
sounds like u had fun with the knife n1 ;D
( Sil20 )  i don't think i`ve seen him before

Wake[of]theBunT--- 
"Wnx are fine in my view

its Sil20 and hes monster to play on 400 ping, most the WN are hard for me to verse."
did u have 400 ping or him ethier way that would have sucked :o

: WNxVirtualMark------ about servers and rates--
rates have nothing to do with it??
does GES work differently than other value mp games ??

so ur from usa and u join a eu server with a laggy 100 -150 ping i would`nt play with that ping well i have i few times and it wasn't fun

well when i refresh servers theres around 10 most of them above 100
theres more servers i would think open to u with better ping than me ?

so am limited to playing on WN servers cause its stable and i get a good ping under 40-60

throwing mines like nades
- well of couse its unfair if everyone can do it then its not a  problem
but it is the most annoying thing ever ---

just yesterday someone was doing it,
  he just runs up to ppl and does "mine trick" that only a few know 
,then he sees me,
 i just unload  usually a few respawns  before he dies

the extra-high jumping - i can do it but its annoying to do and keep doing
i`ll  leave steam - might try later thanks

L?ggy------
"""Haha, you are funny HK. It seems like you doubt anyone who is better then you."""
u always saying something stupid  >:(
am asking for ppl experience playing WN players

WNxVirtualMark---------------
when i said ---""" i think there french""
i only said that for some more info about the players not any racist or bad meaning by saying it

WNxBIGBIRD---------------
"""How can some one complain about another player's ping if hes NA.""

NA - meaning low?
all u WN players are 100-150+-- i saw one with 40-50 but come on laggy/high ping players have a advantage over low pingers cause there like flying!!

mine trick - if only a few know then its unfair and even if it takes skill its unfair
play fair ffs
flaming for winning and fancy tricks
---

omg where do i start

am not flaming
am only asking other ppl experience with playing with WN players
for me i join with a good ping
i get lag
 ,my mouse gets stuck when try to aim at WN players
and jumping or moving is messed up

about servers ------------
WN/DR,NO server is the only good server all the rest for me are just unstable or too high a  ping for me to join if its under 100 ill check it out

i think icovered everything now back to topic
what are ur experience specifically new players they are the ones that will get a bad experience  rom this i would think

:) :) :)

UnKnown-Pain--------------

u say its glitchy but it wasn't this bad
what name u used?
i don't get owned i pwn them ALL --laggers included  8) 8)

i messed up the quotes ( i know ) ill keep it short next time

Fixed by the one and only .... LODLE :D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 06:36:03 pm by Mark [lodle] »

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 05:00:47 pm »

As far as I know, Pain doesn't smurf.  (I do. I got tired of people whining when I'd join servers.  Plus it keeps the people in my fan club on their toes. :D)

HK

• Agent
  • HK has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 05:11:26 pm »

As far as I know, Pain doesn't smurf.  (I do. I got tired of people whining when I'd join servers.  Plus it keeps the people in my fan club on their toes. :D)

"" smurf "" ???

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 05:28:46 pm »

Play under a new made-up name so people don't know who you are.  It's a way to escape one's fame or infamy for a short period of time.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up