GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 07:20:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiplayer Help  (Read 7216 times)

TheShallowBay

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TheShallowBay has no influence.
Multiplayer Help
« on: January 02, 2013, 12:41:45 am »

I just installed GE007 Source today. But whenever I go to play multiplayer, it only shows 1 active server and if I click on the server it will load but then when I am about to join, it gives me a userid ticket error. Does anybody know a fix for this?

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Multiplayer Help
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 01:59:10 am »

Hello, To fix the server issue, You need to untick the "Show map list" box at the bottom of the server list, If this still does not fix it, It's probably due to your game not being updated to 4.2.1, You should have a download link when you start up the game.

The Steam UserID ticket issue can be fixed by deleting the folder "Config" located at the root Steam folder, Usually located at :
C://Program Files(x86 if 64-bit OS)/Steam
Then, A Steam restart is required, You will have to enter a confirmation code to log back in, Which will be e-mailed to you.

mrb224

• 00 Newbie
  • mrb224 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 07:54:39 pm »

What should i do if that did not work?

namajnaG

• namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 08:12:57 pm »

If the servers still don't show up, I have no idea, Try to add servers to your favorites manually, Some of them are displayed in this thread here : http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,4808.0.html

However, Some of them are down, This thread is old, But some of them still work.

For the SteamID ticket issue, If that did not fix it, Delete the file "clientregistry.blob" located at the root of the Steam folder, And the "userdata" folder as well.

mrb224

• 00 Newbie
  • mrb224 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 08:41:08 pm »

That work. For some reason del . blob works.

TheShallowBay

• 00 Newbie
  • TheShallowBay has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 08:16:18 pm »

OK well I deleted the .BLOB file and reupdated Steam and now all I get is half the time a blank menu with no words when I start the game, and if I do manage to get the menu, when I click Find Game, now nothing happens. Any suggestions?

namajnaG

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 04:33:10 am »

That's weird, Once happened to me in CS 1.6 a while ago... Try updating your video card
drivers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up