GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 16, 2024, 06:58:01 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GoldenEye Source Alpha Error  (Read 7035 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
GoldenEye Source Alpha Error
« on: January 21, 2009, 10:45:09 pm »

Ya, I want to play the Alpha, sue me; but when I try to start a round, I get an error saying "Unable to load authentication library". Does anyone know how to fix this?

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: GoldenEye Source Alpha Error
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 11:37:27 pm »

If I remember, you have to jack some DLLs from the server directory and put it in your game directory to run a localhost server.  It's a pain in the ass.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 01:36:38 am »

Thanks Doc.No, I'll have to add that to the Alpha Installer on the Wiki.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 03:54:28 am »

I'll have to add that to the Alpha Installer on the Wiki.
What? This is just going to split the player base... Alpha is the past, look forward the future!

JcFerggy

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 03:58:05 am »

Why is it that I'm the only one who is really interested in the past events, as well as future ones?

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 04:09:29 am »

Because we already lived through all of 1.0, 1.1, and Beta Beta LOL, and have had more than our fill.  Also, we put together a little effort toward this "beta 3" thing and we may as well see how it all came out, right?
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 04:18:25 am »

Why is it that I'm the only one who is really interested in the past events, as well as future ones?
Because past is the past. True past lover will find their way through alpha anyways (like me with the above link), and with an easy alpha wiki how to, you will just guide noobers playing alpha instead of beta 3 :/

Forget alpha, look forward the future (spend your time on beta 3), or make the present not worst than it is actually (dont split beta 1.1 player base)...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 04:22:33 am by Doc.NO »

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 10:39:37 am »

I'm with JC Ferggy on this one. I have both the alpha versions of Doom and Duke Nukem 3D (which is astoundingly different), which are very interesting to see from a "scholar" point of view, seeing the progression and getting inside the developer's heads. lol

PS: I donno if landshark is in the right topic... but that would be BAD ASS if you could have the watch hands set to your system time. That might be asking too much though.
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up