GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 19, 2024, 11:42:34 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: albert pujols  (Read 7529 times)

Xanatos

• Colombian Decaffeinated Coffee Crystals
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Xanatos has no influence.
    • The Janus Syndicate
albert pujols
« on: December 11, 2011, 12:04:54 am »

this bigtime baseball player who's around 30 years old just got a $254 million dollar, 10 year contract. another big name from the cardinal's history who played his entire career with the same team in the 50s/60s made what pujols makes in like 2-3 weeks now over a much, much larger span than that.

wtf. i understand a lot of the skill and mentality that goes into baseball but really? versus other sports? where are the salary caps and shit? last i checked most baseball stadiums can't even fill a majority of their seats.

anyone out there really care much about baseball? i am kind of but i just honestly like playing fantasy.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:06:49 am by Xanatos »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: albert pujols
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 08:47:55 am »

That's what like 70k a day...Yeah I could live with that.

I think all sports stars are overpaid. Hell everyone involved with sports are over paid. 2nd string, 3rd string, practice teams...

But I guess the team has to make enough money to pay them... and we pay all that.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 09:20:23 am »

Salary cap isn't a stock number. The system is a 'scalable' one

It means based on team wealth you can't give one player a ridiculous percentage number like 50% of the teams annual player revenue. So obviously this team that is paying him alone 25$million a year has A LOT of wealth in the 300 million or more range in sponsors etc. They must be one of the richest teams in the nation.

In a way I'd hate to be this Pujols guy...paying a guy 25$mill a year he isn't going to be tolerated having a life outside baseball or any form slumps. They own him and will pressure him to give 200% at every attempt he takes.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 03:58:07 pm »

He has been pressured since way before he landed that contract. LA (Angels) are definately one of the richer teams! Not quite New York Yankee or Boston Red Sox money, (go boston, fuck NY)

Way over paid for a guy almost out of his prime. Hes got a solid 8 years left in him, BUT, his prime will extend another two years, maybe. Especially with all the contract pressure, im sure it will not be fun for him

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Xanatos

• Colombian Decaffeinated Coffee Crystals
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Xanatos has no influence.
    • The Janus Syndicate
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 07:04:38 pm »

It's cool right now for what it says to the Texas team but I personally am not a fan of any al west teams. it'd be fun to watch em beat each other up. maybe texas will get fielder or something crazy. actually that would suck.

hard not to mention how boston didn't join the party last year.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 07:09:34 pm by Xanatos »

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 03:34:12 pm »

I know man! WTF happened to the red sox! I have never seen a team collapse like that!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 06:02:31 am »

maybe texas will get fielder or something crazy. actually that would suck.
Detroit picking him up pretty much seals the deal for their dominance in the Central over the next few years. Back to back with Cabrera is just scary. Not good news for us pale hose fans...
Pages: [1]   Go Up