GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 08:21:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant get install to work. Please help  (Read 6695 times)

copyman

• 00 Newbie
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • copyman has no influence.
Cant get install to work. Please help
« on: May 28, 2011, 05:20:59 am »

Everytime I try and install it gets done installing and then its knowwhere. I said for it to create a shortcut to desktop and it didnt even do that. Didnt go to where it installed in the Steam directory also. When I first do the install it says "Copy failed" or something similar to that but it does start to install all the files. Once done there is nothing. Please help. I bought the Half-life 2 Deathmatch just for play this.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Cant get install to work. Please help
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 05:34:58 am »

Your installer is corrupted, Download it again and it should fix the problem.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 12:08:17 pm »

Make sure you install Source SDK Base 2007 from your Library -> Tools (dropdown menu) as well. Shouldn't have something to do with your problem yet, but don't forget it, as it is needed.

copyman

• 00 Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 04:14:26 am »

Oh I downloaded Source SDK Base. Not the one that has "2007". Still though I'm not sure why its not installing. I downloaded the torrent and the one from the site and tried both so Im a little stumped. I did install it a few months ago and it was on my desktop but didnt know I needed Hlaf-life deathmatch to play.
Why cant I choose my directory for installing?
Now if I can just fix the "Copy failed" problem I'll be set. Is there like a zipped up version so I can just use winrar or something?

namajnaG

• namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 05:04:22 am »

Oh I downloaded Source SDK Base. Not the one that has "2007". Still though I'm not sure why its not installing. I downloaded the torrent and the one from the site and tried both so Im a little stumped. I did install it a few months ago and it was on my desktop but didnt know I needed Hlaf-life deathmatch to play.
Why cant I choose my directory for installing?
Now if I can just fix the "Copy failed" problem I'll be set. Is there like a zipped up version so I can just use winrar or something?

I believe Major has a Zipped file of the installer hosted somewhere. You might want to ask him.

copyman

• 00 Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 05:15:57 am »

Oh I forgot to ask. It install to :\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods right? I'm trying it again so maybe it will work this time. When I first opened the .exe it said do u want to open with sandbox and I always clicked yes. So this time I didnt so maybe it will work.

namajnaG

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 05:33:31 am »

That's the right directory, Yes.
Although, I have no idea if checking this option causes any trouble.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 06:20:16 am »

http://wcservers.net/Goldeneye/GoldenEye_Source_v4_1_Server.zip

Unzip that into the directory you listed above. Then restart steam. I know that install works as was the preload download for the folks that were in the steam chat at launch.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

copyman

• 00 Newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 06:29:44 pm »

I got it to work:) Thanks. tested it out last night. Killed myself on accident lol. Looks great. Now I just got to get used to playing it. I usually only play fps games on my game systems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up