GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 16, 2024, 08:07:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Aztec?  (Read 24151 times)

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
Re: Aztec?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 09:19:53 pm »

I feel extremely obligated to post this one, due to the sheer hilarity of it's discovery.

Game mode is capture the key, my team is stationed in the shuttle launch bay, theirs in the aztec ruins.  I navigated my way to the bridge area equipped with a rocket launcher and a half vest of armor, disposing of one or two assailants along the way.  as i reach the bridge, i discover someone gaurding the other side.  I surmise that a viable way to eliminate them was to barrage the bridge with rockets.

I proceed to do this, getting some return fire from their end aswell.  With the path clear, i scamper along the bridge to their key.  I was lucky, with it positioned right at the entrance to the ravine.  I managed to grab it without taking any fire from those at the top of the pit, and extolling my luck, run out of there as fast as possible.  Intently focused on my radar to attenuate myself to possible enemies, i fly across the bridge weary of fire from behind.  I was utterly astounded when, abruptly, i was greeted with stone in front of my face and the bottom of the bridge moments later.

"E-S has dropped the key" flashed on the screen moments later, to my teams surprise, as i attempt to comprehend what had happened.

-------------------------

Fancy language aside, it turns out you can open a small section of that bridge with explosives.  This is JUST big enough for someone to fit in, and is easily exposed by lining the bridge with mines and detonating them.  Easily said, i really wish i recorded that, it was one of my best GE:S moments to date.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 12:03:13 am »

there are a lot of little booby traps in Aztec.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • InvertedShadow has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 07:28:59 am »

I feel extremely obligated to post this one, due to the sheer hilarity of it's discovery.

Game mode is capture the key, my team is stationed in the shuttle launch bay, theirs in the aztec ruins.  I navigated my way to the bridge area equipped with a rocket launcher and a half vest of armor, disposing of one or two assailants along the way.  as i reach the bridge, i discover someone gaurding the other side.  I surmise that a viable way to eliminate them was to barrage the bridge with rockets.

I proceed to do this, getting some return fire from their end aswell.  With the path clear, i scamper along the bridge to their key.  I was lucky, with it positioned right at the entrance to the ravine.  I managed to grab it without taking any fire from those at the top of the pit, and extolling my luck, run out of there as fast as possible.  Intently focused on my radar to attenuate myself to possible enemies, i fly across the bridge weary of fire from behind.  I was utterly astounded when, abruptly, i was greeted with stone in front of my face and the bottom of the bridge moments later.

"E-S has dropped the key" flashed on the screen moments later, to my teams surprise, as i attempt to comprehend what had happened.

-------------------------

Fancy language aside, it turns out you can open a small section of that bridge with explosives.  This is JUST big enough for someone to fit in, and is easily exposed by lining the bridge with mines and detonating them.  Easily said, i really wish i recorded that, it was one of my best GE:S moments to date.

This type of thing is exactly what I wanted to happen.

It's funny how one little 5-minute feature can cause your one of your 'best GE:S moments to date'.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 03:50:52 pm »

When I first saw this I thought that might happen to someone if there's smoke everywhere and they're just running away or backwards - and it finally did. :D

InvertedShadow's maps have always something to discover, making them special.
And yeah I found that new trigger we spoke of - but it can be activated more than once per round/match, despite what you said. But I liked the old one more (since anyone in any situation could use it) and I'm also missing the plant in the vents near the conveyor belt. Besides: what the heck is that shoe doing there? oO

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 08:15:23 pm »

This type of thing is exactly what I wanted to happen.

It's funny how one little 5-minute feature can cause your one of your 'best GE:S moments to date'.

yea, a mapper myself, i posted it here because i knew you would be happy to hear it.  I look forward to finding more such secrets hidden in your maps. ;)
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 08:56:17 pm »

InvertedShadow's maps have always something to discover, making them special.
And yeah I found that new trigger we spoke of - but it can be activated more than once per round/match, despite what you said. But I liked the old one more (since anyone in any situation could use it) and I'm also missing the plant in the vents near the conveyor belt. Besides: what the heck is that shoe doing there? oO
Oh, I must have it on a respawning func_breakable instead of a regular one. I like the old way more too. There is still a plant, it just likes to move each release. I may have to remove a lot of my Easter Eggs because the rest of the team doesn't seem to like them as much as I do.  ::)

Also, which shoe? In aztec?

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 08:57:09 pm »

yea, a mapper myself, i posted it here because i knew you would be happy to hear it.  I look forward to finding more such secrets hidden in your maps. ;)

Good call, mappers always love to know when their little things are noticed. I'm sure you'll find a few more secrets.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 09:15:00 pm »

They are only an issue when they break gameplay.

ex, taking the flag to a hidden room no one else can get to.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 10:21:04 pm »

When I designed the secret rooms, I tried to ensure that it would be difficult to abuse. Which is why every hidden room is a deathtrap or clearly visible: (archives room kills you, aztec rooms are dangerous)

There seems to be one little vent area that I didn't brush up all the way..

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 10:57:04 pm »

Oh, I must have it on a respawning func_breakable instead of a regular one. I like the old way more too. There is still a plant, it just likes to move each release. I may have to remove a lot of my Easter Eggs because the rest of the team doesn't seem to like them as much as I do.  ::)

Also, which shoe? In aztec?

On the conveyor belt in archives there's not only that box now but also the explosive can and - for what reason ever - a shoe.
I just wondered why.

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 08:16:57 am »

I thought it would be funny. :p

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 06:40:57 pm »

Is there a better way to get to the secret armor in the bridge area besides sliding along the cliff face? I keep falling.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up